Rebadged GI trailers

Discussion in 'Estes Express Lines' started by NiteVizion, Apr 27, 2017.

1. NiteVizion

NiteVizion Active Member

Noticed a lot of GI trailers getting the doors rebadged but not the sides or front. Are they just gonna leave them that way? Looks stupid. Even seen a Gi trailer door painted yellow with a new GI decal. WTF? Who's in charge of this BS?

2. BigEpuller

BigEpuller Member

Most of the GI pups have no paint left on the back doors and the trailer numbers are barely visible. I guess it's better to have a brand new rebranded Estes door than one with paint chipping off everywhere. I too have seen some yellow back doors with a new GI decal. Maybe they had their doors replaced at Estes West shops and have a leftover supply of decals...just a guess though.

3. Frootloop

Frootloop Well-Known Member

I love the variety personally.

Nocturnal1 likes this.
  4. Nocturnal1

Nocturnal1 Member

I'm with frootloop. I'd like to see white doors on yellow tractors, yellow dollys, throw in a blue trailer who cares. Even mix up our shirts yellow and white sleeves on grey I'm all in, throw in a tear on the back , even just no back that'd be awesome.

5. NiteVizion

NiteVizion Active Member

Yeah like when we had those old Jevic sleepers. Blue sleeper with red wheels, old Estes trailer in the front and old GI trailer in the rear. And they wonder why they couldn't get enough teams out West.

6. mildew

mildew Super Moderator Staff Member

I cringe when I see a GI trailer hooked with my set. Kinda do that with when I see a former GI driver

Big Dave and drummerforhire like this.
  7. NiteVizion

NiteVizion Active Member

Oh yeah, what do you have against us?