R&L | Rebuilt Dollies?

chickenwing

TB Lurker
Credits
I've noticed that all the dollies they are rebuilding have lights and mudflaps on them. Is anyone pulling singles around? I was always told that you had to take a full set or a van. Just wondering if thay are planning on changing things around.

Chickenwing said:
I've noticed that all the dollies they are rebuilding have lights and mudflaps on them. Is anyone pulling singles around? I was always told that you had to take a full set or a van. Just wondering if thay are planning on changing things around.
They just wanting to see how long b4 the flaps are ripped off and lights missing... No, really maybe for once they are fixing them right instead of half azzed.. You talking about the old ones with the crank up kick stand rehab??????? I've seen them all shiny new lights,flaps, and air system with a big counter weight welded on NICE!!!!!!!! I find them easier to push around than the new great danes and older 7000 series.. They ride nice too!!! Don't like the danes they get to dancing in the grooves.... Seems to me they are a little wider than the truck and pups, just my opinion:shrug:...

Yeah, I was talking about the old crank dollies. They are doing a nice job. I don't really care for the Great Danes. They seem pretty heavy. I wonder why they took the counter weights off the old CF dollies. They can be a bugger too. My personal favorites are the old UPS type dollies. They seem to pull real nice. I'm just leary when I use one, because they're know to drop a pup now and then.:coffee1:

Chickenwing said:
Yeah, I was talking about the old crank dollies. They are doing a nice job. I don't really care for the Great Danes. They seem pretty heavy. I wonder why they took the counter weights off the old CF dollies. They can be a bugger too. My personal favorites are the old UPS type dollies. They seem to pull real nice. I'm just leary when I use one, because they're know to drop a pup now and then.:coffee1:
The Great Danes weigh about 300 lbs more than the ones that say "Tare Weight 2800 lbs" on the side. The Danes are easier to move, however, because of the enormous counterweights on them.

I like the ones with the springs under the fifth wheels, myself. Although I don't think the crank ones are too awful bad to work with as long as they have a good wheel on them.

You mean they're supposed to have wheels on them? LOL We always get the ones with the broken wheels, or no wheel at all. No one at our yard bothers to write it up either. Normally it will just sit until someone has to take it.