Yellow | ReCap From YRC COO Hearing In Dallas.

[quote author=Kennesaw Kid link=topic=78659.msg816442#msg816442 date=1269563195]
ALSO...it was a pleasure to meet you Codebreaker @ the COO hearing!
Always glad to met a member from TruckingBoards in person......KK

[/quote]

The feeling is mutual. It is great to put a face on a name, like you said. The meeting was eye opening to say the least. I think all of our brothers and sisters would have been proud to have heard what the union had to say :rant: in their opening to the company. :clap: They definitely took a stand that they were tired of being given the run-around by the company.

That 6:00 am alarm on Thursday morning to catch flight out of Dallas after hitting the sack a 3:00 was tough, you know for us older guys. :thumbsup:

I think this was nothing more then a dog and pony show for the members! This idiot showing up with a hat that says go to hell! I'm sure you realize that it was probably aimed at anyone that would question their allegiance to pos yrc! Where were all these bigggg tough locals last year when the pension was going to be *****! You mean to tell me that they couldn't afford to put a dollar into it to give everyone time accrued! The pos union wants to slam the members more then any company from what I can see! Now I'm not saying that there are not a "few" good locals out there but talk about a rarity!!! We all know that the company will get whatever they want, period!!!!

[quote author=TurboJ link=topic=78659.msg816737#msg816737 date=1269638703]
I think this was nothing more then a dog and pony show for the members! This idiot showing up with a hat that says go to hell! I'm sure you realize that it was probably aimed at anyone that would question their allegiance to pos yrc! Where were all these bigggg tough locals last year when the pension was going to be *****! You mean to tell me that they couldn't afford to put a dollar into it to give everyone time accrued! The pos union wants to slam the members more then any company from what I can see! Now I'm not saying that there are not a "few" good locals out there but talk about a rarity!!! We all know that the company will get whatever they want, period!!!!
[/quote]

:duel:WELL...They did not get what they wanted this time by God!!......KK

KK do you have a better sense of the condition of the company at this present time? Can you elaborate more about any of the back and forth between the union BAs? Anything particularly interesting discussed?

[quote author=truckinusa link=topic=78659.msg817326#msg817326 date=1269813024]
KK do you have a better sense of the condition of the company at this present time? Can you elaborate more about any of the back and forth between the union BAs? Anything particularly interesting discussed?
[/quote]Why have a COO in the first place? Especially, when YRC is low on money as it is, and it will cost more people to be laid off.

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=78659.msg817337#msg817337 date=1269814570]
[quote author=truckinusa link=topic=78659.msg817326#msg817326 date=1269813024]
[/quote]Why have a COO in the first place? Especially, when YRC is low on money as it is, and it will cost more people to be laid off.
[/quote]

It makes no sense. I could see closing a terminal here and there since they no longer have two companies freight to haul. Tyson wearing his "Hell in a Handbasket" hat. Now that is classic. Wonder what he'll do when there no longer is a freight division? It will fade away with no pension in my opinion.

[quote author=Kennesaw Kid link=topic=78659.msg816302#msg816302 date=1269527478]
OK guys....got a little rest after an 19 hour hearing on the COO. I got our part finished 03:00 am this morning.

The Company's numbers were wrong on the bill count, just like I have said on here all along. After keeping a daily tab for the past 11 weeks, we proved their numbers were wrong and gave the report to the Committee, After a very long delay, the Committee came back and told the Company to re-crunch those numbers again. They did admit they were not a good bill count.

The daily average that they reported was 45,000 per day. You have to do better than that each day in order to average 45K. After seeing our compilation of the last 11 weeks, of an 41,450 per day average, they admited a problem and reduced the moves of employees by 10%....based on a 41,500 a day bill count average.

Now, this did not stop them from taking Linehaul drivers out of EOL terminals, it just gave those guys a better chance at getting somewhere. Some will be following their work, some will be in a bidding pool. The final ruling should be out sometime next week is my early guess.

Hell, all they had to do was check out TruckingBoards, as, we have been telling them for weeks their numbers were wrong all along.....and yesterday, we proved it!

Gettin' packed and leaving here at 2 PM.....that is ALL I have to say about what went on....the rest will be in the final decession...so hold the questions for when that comes out....By the way...NONE of your Locals that were here did not rubber stamp NOTHING....they ALL raised hell to the Company about the lies and crap that is going on....I just wished I could have taped it all, as you have been proud of them all!......KK

[/quote]

KK,

There is something I don't get here and I wonder if you have some insight.

I know that the the high bill count was bad for us because it would have forced the disruption of so many more lives.

But, in this context (COO), how would it have benefited them to have an increased count?

(I guess I'm assuming that they padded the counts on purpose.)

[quote author=fr8holler link=topic=78659.msg825848#msg825848 date=1272639499]
Stop asking such complicated questions. The co. lied about the bill count. That is enough for us to know.
[/quote]

Its not enough for me. I want to know their motives.

Through the years this outfit has always had a hard time will bill count. I belive they move the numbers around so much they do not have an idea where they came from. Numbers at YFS were always moved to make them look better than they were.

[quote author=JPS link=topic=78659.msg825884#msg825884 date=1272651917]
Through the years this outfit has always had a hard time will bill count. I belive they move the numbers around so much they do not have an idea where they came from. Numbers at YFS were always moved to make them look better than they were.
[/quote]All the numbers are being counted down in the South. Thats the problem right there. No wonder the numbers are all always screwed up. They can't even supervise the American border, and now their doing bill counts. Gee wiz. Who's the illegal that YRC hired to do the bill counts in the first place? Oh, actually that job might have moved to India. I don't know down South, India, and illegals all do have some in common these days. There all starting to look alike now. It is hard to tell who's who anymore. :biglaugh:

But, in this context (COO), how would it have benefited them to have an increased count?

john/nyc,

It would have benefited them because the over inflated bill count would have allowed them to relocate more drivers, which would then get laid off as soon as they got to their new location, because the bill count wouldn't have supported the extra drivers. By the Union fighting them for an accurate number (which was reduced) they couldn't relocate as many positions and get rid of more drivers. The lower bill count protected jobs.

Question? It also allowed the company to move less guys did it not? Therefore they saved the Move and Lodging monies. And in some cases where terminals closed, those guys now have no recall except to the closed terminal. So it may have helped some but may have hurt others. At best the revised numbers only allowed a guy to get laid off at home. I know of one that was gonna take the move, get the Lodging money, and at least have a recall to an open terminal. And I may be wrong but I don't think the company can force any one to move if they don't want to. this took the option away from the drivers. Guess its all how you see things in life. I need someone to explain why this was such a good thing. KK, care to enlighten me? I wasn't there so I don't know the particulars. :popcorn:

The main thing it did was protect currently domiciled employees from losing their jobs because they were laid off in anticipation of replacements. You probably read previous threads mentioning "in advance" layoffs that were reversed. This was apparently a fall back plan to the number revisions. Overall the strategy aided in saving currently domiciled employee jobs.

Yes I can see that would be unfair Vwaggs. I think my problem of not seeing it as a "plus" was due to the terminal closing and not all working employess getting to go with the job. Now someone from another area is doing what I did before I retired and there are guys that will never be recalled from my terminal. In my opinion the gaining terminal got blessed with extra work due to stem times and the losing terminal lost out all around. Like I said, 2 sides to each coin. :thumbsup:

[quote author=Northern Flash link=topic=78659.msg826083#msg826083 date=1272720076]

john/nyc,

It would have benefited them because the over inflated bill count would have allowed them to relocate more drivers, which would then get laid off as soon as they got to their new location, because the bill count wouldn't have supported the extra drivers. By the Union fighting them for an accurate number (which was reduced) they couldn't relocate as many positions and get rid of more drivers. The lower bill count protected jobs.
[/quote]

Thank you...I could not have explained any better myself....and the 10% reduction also kept Springfield open too!.....KK

[quote author=vwaggs link=topic=78659.msg826191#msg826191 date=1272741040]
The main thing it did was protect currently domiciled employees from losing their jobs because they were laid off in anticipation of replacements. You probably read previous threads mentioning "in advance" layoffs that were reversed. This was apparently a fall back plan to the number revisions. Overall the strategy aided in saving currently domiciled employee jobs.
[/quote]Don't give up.

[quote author=Kennesaw Kid link=topic=78659.msg826298#msg826298 date=1272765002]
[quote author=Northern Flash link=topic=78659.msg826083#msg826083 date=1272720076]

john/nyc,

[/quote]

Thank you...I could not have explained any better myself....and the 10% reduction also kept Springfield open too!.....KK
[/quote]

I already know that the lower bill count helped us.

But

With the higher bill count they would have had to pay to relocate more men. They can lay as many off as they want without first paying to move them around. So where did they gain?