ABF | Red circle drivers to UE

BradBear

TB Lurker
Credits
I have been hearing rumors that all drivers above the red circle will be meet and turn drivers. Anyone below the red circle will either become UE drivers or be laid off. Any truth to this?

At 042 have red circle drivers. I know I am one. Haven't heard the rumor about meet and turn.
To whom do those red circles apply and how? I know that there are some UE drivers who work under previous work rules as long as they were RPM drivers upon inception and continue to work in that classification.

To whom do those red circles apply and how? I know that there are some UE drivers who work under previous work rules as long as they were RPM drivers upon inception and continue to work in that classification.
I'd like to know if that is a white paper agreement or if its in a regional agreement. I've looked all over to find a red circle agreement in our new contract and cant find any. Not saying it isn't in a supplemental but have not seen the language anywhere. We definitely need to push for books cause our agreement is almost impossible to find. I can only find it on the TDU site. I should say other than the oldschoolteamsters site.

Last edited:
I'd like to know if that is a white paper agreement or if its in a regional agreement.
I don't see anything in writing on it but know of a couple of instances. It might be a handshake agreement on the UE's or it could be contained in a COO agreement. On the others I can see how it might apply with purchased transportation and protecting existing jobs. I'd have to look under the article that applies to them.

I don't see anything in writing on it but know of a couple of instances. It might be a handshake agreement on the UE's or it could be contained in a COO agreement. On the others I can see how it might apply with purchased transportation and protecting existing jobs. I'd have to look under the article that applies to them.
You are more likely to find "red circle" language in a COO. Normally active employees are protected from loss of work due to use of alternative transportation modes. PTS, whether it's rail or road.

At least there might be some protection for them. Im already in on the last change of operations from last June change in the Western half of the country. Didn't really effect to many as far as a layoff as far as I've heard anyway. They can't over lay off to many drivers cause I'm pretty sure it would be tough to get anyone to come back after getting another job.

It is agreed that any purchased transportation provider utilized under this MOU shall be permitted to only make pick-ups at an ABF customer, and drop and pickup trailers at the Employer’s terminal locations, but shall be required to do so in areas of the terminal specifically designated for such exchange. Freight picked up at a customer location by purchased transportation shall be delivered to the nearest ABF facility(s) that can effectuate the efficient integration of the product into the ABF system.

I find this one kind of interesting.

This all is why we need a contract booklet. I thought the MOU was the YRC deal. Really confusing to me. Am i the only one? Thought we had a separate contract.
The MOU's are the list of things that the IBT gave the company without our vote. They're attached to the end of the contract.

The MOU's are the list of things that the IBT gave the company without our vote. They're attached to the end of the contract.
Ya this is ridiculous. Even the people who voted for this didn't even agree with all this. We really need new leadership that actually works for a living. Can't believe our union has come down to this. Makes me sad.