Reddaway | Reddaway Contract Merger Language

:hissyfit:
AND THE "SHADOW OF GORGE BOULEVARD" STILL LOOMS OVER THE COPLEY-211 BARN!

Kicking And Screaming Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

:chairshot:

The union has nothing to do with your hire date and are simply using fear mongering to get more members. Bob Stone went to the town hall meeting in Salt Lake at the union hall and when it was said by the IBT that non union would endtail unless they joined the union before a merger happened, Bob stood up and said that’s not true. That was from the then president of Reddaway
So your entire argument is based on “because bob stone said so”??
In your naive response you fail to realize that Reddaway may have hired you but Reddaway will no longer exist after the 1st half of next year. Using your way of reasoning should you also be grandfathered into the NMFA western conference pension with full vesting to your years of service? Good luck with your merger.

The union has nothing to do with your hire date and are simply using fear mongering to get more members. Bob Stone went to the town hall meeting in Salt Lake at the union hall and when it was said by the IBT that non union would endtail unless they joined the union before a merger happened, Bob stood up and said that’s not true. That was from the then president of Reddaway
I have Zero connection or affiliation with the Teamsters. Why would you not want to protect yourself in this very unique situation? Yellow/YRC only wants to deal with the Union not individual employees that is 100% fact. Good luck

Best thing these non union guys should do now is go to OD or Estes and give Yellow the bird. These guys aren’t gonna want to give up all them years of seniority to endtail and go to the bottom of the board for runs and lose their assigned trucks or schedule. Non union companies are giving more vacation days in shorter amount of time also. One year of union seniority isn’t gonna make up 15 20 30 years of their non union seniority. Time to walk.

So your entire argument is based on “because bob stone said so”??
In your naive response you fail to realize that Reddaway may have hired you but Reddaway will no longer exist after the 1st half of next year. Using your way of reasoning should you also be grandfathered into the NMFA western conference pension with full vesting to your years of service? Good luck with your merger.
As compared to the union which has never been known to lie? Based on some letterhead from some local with scary wording? The letter to the YRCW membership was beautiful. I laughed, I cried. It became apart of me.

As far as time on the job as a non union employee, I wouldn’t expect my time served with the company as time served as a dues paying union member. If I had not put my time in with the ibt I shouldn’t expect a full pension. What I do expect is my time with the company to count. My company seniority and position on the board to be dovetailed. Again I work for the company a d tgg be ey hired me, not the union.
I love the argument that Reddaway will no longer exist and I’m fully aware of the becoming one company. It is expected to start by Sept and be fully integrated by next spring. The fallacy is when all companies merge non union would endtail. The company became “Yellow” feb 4th. So I could see endtailing IF Reddaway became YRC Freight. It’s not becoming YRC freight, it’s becoming Yellow. We all became Yellow at the same time. Yellow Freight became Yellow-Roadway and then YRC freight. Now it’s becoming Yellow. That is a merger of companies into one at tgg he e same time. Just be glad that it wasn’t like Overnite and Motor Cargo merged they made, I believe the overnite drivers had to reapply, hence losing their seniority.

As far as time on the job as a non union employee, I wouldn’t expect my time served with the company as time served as a dues paying union member. If I had not put my time in with the ibt I shouldn’t expect a full pension. What I do expect is my time with the company to count. My company seniority and position on the board to be dovetailed. Again I work for the company a d tgg be ey hired me, not the union.
I love the argument that Reddaway will no longer exist and I’m fully aware of the becoming one company. It is expected to start by Sept and be fully integrated by next spring. The fallacy is when all companies merge non union would endtail. The company became “Yellow” feb 4th. So I could see endtailing IF Reddaway became YRC Freight. It’s not becoming YRC freight, it’s becoming Yellow. We all became Yellow at the same time. Yellow Freight became Yellow-Roadway and then YRC freight. Now it’s becoming Yellow. That is a merger of companies into one at tgg he e same time. Just be glad that it wasn’t like Overnite and Motor Cargo merged they made, I believe the overnite drivers had to reapply, hence losing their seniority.
At one time, while trying to organize an EOL terminal in Colorado, the Teamsters were offering a 2 year for one deal for the pension. So don’t say that they nonunion employees shouldn’t have there company seniority counted. There is a precedent for this very thing.

You sir are Retarded. The overnight motor cargo deal was far different. And no Overnight drivers were made to re-hire.

No, they didn't