FedEx Freight | Reduced speed

jumboshrimp

Slapshot
Credits
Conway is setting back the governors on their trucks by 3 mph to conserve fuel and help their bottom line.Do you think fedex will do the same?

Conway is setting back the governors on their trucks by 3 mph to conserve fuel and help their bottom line.Do you think fedex will do the same?

yes but i think fxfe will one up cwny by reducing it more.i noticed and this just maybe at my barn but in the winter they used to shut the 3 min idle off so you can keep your heat running but not this year

3 mph? then my city tractor would only do59 mph!... anyone run I 80 IN PA at night?? running 62 mph would get you rearended by trucks running 75 80. ive seen it more than a few times.

I drive a 62mph Conway truck on I80 and it gets tough around interchanges. You are so far off the speed of traffic it is a pain to change lanes. They did nothing else to the trucks other than cut 3mph so they don't pull as well as they used to. They company claims a .2mpg gain but Ihave not seen it.

The brand new tractors have been slowed down...64mph. top speed...the ones that are a couple of years older run 67-68....I wouldn't be suprised to see mine slowed down at next PM.

Lets call it back to the 70's with reduced speed 55 God I hope not. I don't think they will , they would have to refigure alot of runs to make drive time. Why don't these big trucking companies get on G. W. Bush and ask what the heck is going on. Better yet lets just turn the key to the off position and see what going down the highway

in newjersey much of the garden state pkwy the speed limit has been reduced to 55.

if they know 3 miles an hour of of my city unit that means that it will only go -3 miles an hour.its been in shop stautus for a while now

Lets call it back to the 70's with reduced speed 55 God I hope not. I don't think they will , they would have to refigure alot of runs to make drive time. Why don't these big trucking companies get on G. W. Bush and ask what the heck is going on. Better yet lets just turn the key to the off position and see what going down the highway

The President has no control over oil prices

I hate to say it but it's is a good idea.

I've heard from several Conway drivers who say this cut back is getting worse fuel mileage,,,, Think about it,,, the manufacturers of these engines know where the "sweet spot" is for them... If you make them run out of the power band (so to speak) , they will use more fuel to do the same mileage... You slow down the trucks,,, you rearrange alot of runs because you can't make it on time... It costs more fuel,,, OH WAIT,,, its less time working the dock for me,,,,, BRING IT ON !!!!!

I've heard from several Conway drivers who say this cut back is getting worse fuel mileage,,,, Think about it,,, the manufacturers of these engines know where the "sweet spot" is for them... If you make them run out of the power band (so to speak) , they will use more fuel to do the same mileage... You slow down the trucks,,, you rearrange alot of runs because you can't make it on time... It costs more fuel,,, OH WAIT,,, its less time working the dock for me,,,,, BRING IT ON !!!!!

They turned up the forklift so you can get more done when you finally get there:biglaugh:

The President has no control over oil prices

Its true, the President has no control over the gas prices, its actually people that have control over gas prices. Nobody cares about about gas prices because I see 4 wheelers pass me all day long doin about 85 and that's in my personal vehicle as well as my Tractor. If people really cared about gas prices they would slow down and drive with care that's for sure!!! All day long they drive 70mph in town just to catch the next red light you tell me that don't waste fuel? Our new trucks at FXFW only do 64 so FedEx has cut back our speed at least on the new trucks.

Hey,,, let fedex cut us back to 55mph,,, they could help out the unemployed or drivers sitting at home...... LOL Of course they would have to hire more people to take complaints of us causing traffic jams...... oh well....

:hysterical:Following this line of reasoning, if they cut the power units back to say, 45mph. fuel economy would increase by 30%. We would have to hire twice as many drivers to do the same work, thereby placing twice the number of 45mph trucks onto the highways. In effect, doubling the amount of fuel it takes to do the same work as before....also, all of the loads would be late (well we are already always late, so just say, even later then before), this would then "force" the company to move even more of the loads to purchase trans, because of the increased fuel mileage and late loads......I'm sorry, I seem to have confused the original intent of the "supreme planners".....

Every company, every carrier all the way to the owner ops are cutting down on speed. We used to get blown away by every other trucking company out there, now we blow their doors. It won't be long before we do the same. I predict we will run 60 mph.