XPO | Reflecting on back in the day...... Comparred to now

uwork4me

TB Lurker
Credits
Dick palazzo---kind leader lost his steam and forced out ,but had a direction./ labrie--recently.....killed this company

jerry detter-true leader and responsible for the growth and succuss on conway/ stotler-cant shine his shoes and is invisible and not relatable and reminds everyone of corporate b.s.

Free medical ins./ now...out of control slight of hand b.s.

Icp !!!!--remember how they motivated you !!/ now they find ways to not pay it !!

Pension...pension..pension---reason why many current and ex conway employees started . A non -union company offering a pension..brought on better employees and kept the union out !!/ now enhanced 401 k? Really wtf !!!!

Pay--was comparable and slightly better than the competition/ now no raise in years !!

10 sick days---wow. / now--pto--wtf is pto......a new way to screw employees

attend you may win programs----motivated you to attend these programs with prizes :

Spring spruce up--what an idea to proudly show your family where you work--and it was like a family !!

Quartely breakfast meetings-----showed you that you mattered and the direction of the company

holiday dinners---wow---what an ultimate "family' gathering and helped morale

dear conway--do you not see how you slowly have taken so many things and you use the economy as an excuse--how about mis- management ?

How about dropping your draws the last 2 plus years and selling price? .....the old conway sold service..the old conway was the industry leader the old conway had pride !!.....remember the saying ..lead the way---here to stay --proud to say---con-way !!!

How about the 4 stars.... Safety - integrity- commitment -excellence !! And the employees were the 5th star...

How many people feel like stars these days?

You cant be wondering why there are talks of unionizing....and from what i have seen and now see i cat blame them.

Dick palazzo---kind leader lost his steam and forced out ,but had a direction./ labrie--recently.....killed this company

jerry detter-true leader and responsible for the growth and succuss on conway/ stotler-cant shine his shoes and is invisible and not relatable and reminds everyone of corporate b.s.

Icp !!!!--remember how they motivated you !!/ now they find ways to not pay it !!

Pension...pension..pension---reason why many current and ex conway employees started . A non -union company offering a pension..brought on better employees and kept the union out !!/ now enhanced 401 k? Really wtf !!!!

Pay--was comparable and slightly better than the competition/ now no raise in years !!

attend you may win programs----motivated you to attend these programs with prizes :

Spring spruce up--what an idea to proudly show your family where you work--and it was like a family !!

Quartely breakfast meetings-----showed you that you mattered and the direction of the company

dear conway--do you not see how you slowly have taken so many things and you use the economy as an excuse--how about mis- management ?

How about dropping your draws the last 2 plus years and selling price? .....the old conway sold service..the old conway was the industry leader the old conway had pride !!.....remember the saying ..lead the way---here to stay --proud to say---con-way !!!

How about the 4 stars.... Safety - integrity- commitment -excellence !! And the employees were the 5th star...

You cant be wondering why there are talks of unionizing....and from what i have seen and now see i cat blame them.
Thanks for looking outside the box. It will never go back to the good ole days if we keep are head in the sand and let this continue.

remember this company giving away a harley every quarter in the attend you may win? wow that seems like a long time ago.

Wow, I can't believe I forgot about the Con-way "cheer" from orientation.. I need to write that down. lol

Awsome post driver, I could not agree with you more on how much things have changed for the worse.There is one thing I would like to say though.
I can't argue with you about how John Labrie ran us at the corperate level but when he was running as at the old CWX, he ran us good.We made all kinds of money when he was in charge. I really liked him and thought he was a top notch guy when he was president of CWX.

The curious thing about this, is that with all of that given, a lot of us are still here. Many, many are not, but some of us have stayed. Why is that? Why have we not gone the way of so many others and moved on?

The curious thing about this, is that with all of that given, a lot of us are still here. Many, many are not, but some of us have stayed. Why is that? Why have we not gone the way of so many others and moved on?

Commitment to Excellence. With all that has changed, still is the best job I have ever had.

Awsome post driver, I could not agree with you more on how much things have changed for the worse.There is one thing I would like to say though.
I can't argue with you about how John Labrie ran us at the corperate level but when he was running as at the old CWX, he ran us good.We made all kinds of money when he was in charge. I really liked him and thought he was a top notch guy when he was president of CWX.
john l. is where he needs to be.....gone

No one walks in your shoes. You have your reasons for staying, others have there reasons for moving on. Some will try to change things and pay the price, some will not. Thats life.

Some things were not as good back in the day.

No power steering or AC in the trucks.

Weekends spent in Ann Arbor.

Back belts.

Fatbeard.

Not saying it’s better overall now by any means however.

The answer in my case is...too old to start over. :frown:

Nice job, havn't seen anybody argue with the truth/Facts...

Don't leave out Bryan Millican, vice president of sale's. He was one of the leading force's in making Con-Way what it was. I knew him personaly and he was a stand up guy.