SAIA | regional shops

i was just wandering what everybody's opinion of our well trained and dedicated shop staff is i know at clt the mechanics think the drivers are stupid or something.for instance you can tell them the radiator is leaking and they will fix the mud flap and what takes them so long to fix simple stuff it took three weeks to put a starter on my truck.the funny thing is they will park them out back and not touch them i havent seen them do anything on third shift but sit in that room and eat and read the paper.:chairshot:

It depends on whether or not they need to get their numbers up as to how hard they will work. Sometimes it seems they have to order the parts from the other side of the world and the parts are on a container on a six week ride to the states.

My truck went to clt once to have a radiator repaired. It sat outback so long and collected so much dust that Duck didn't even recongnize it. He thought it had gone to volvo to be fixed. When he finally picked it up, the radiator still leaked and the freon had leaked out of the a/c. Thats been nearly four months and NOTHING has been done to it since. It has been back to clt since and still nothing has been done for either of the two problems.:chairshot:

I do not have a favorable opinion of the shop in CLT. They can do a quick service or inspection. Outside of that, they don't seem to concerned about turning equipment around in a timely manner.

It maybe a time for a call to ACO about the CLT shop. Its been said that complaints make the shop look bad and may very well get them off the dime.

one time they sent my truck back with recap trailer tires on the steer axle:TR10driving03: now i see they have gotten smart and write steer on the wheels that go on the front it pi$$es me off so bad when they put an ugly a$$ white or red rusty wheel on my truck and the other 8 or 9 are gray:cuss:

That should have warranted an immediate call to the safety dept. Some one should have been handed their backside for that stupid stunt. I'll bet if the corporate lawyer had heard of that a stroke would have ensued.

As for the color of the wheel, that is just laziness on the part of the tire tech.

one time they sent my truck back with recap trailer tires on the steer axle:TR10driving03: now i see they have gotten smart and write steer on the wheels that go on the front it pi$$es me off so bad when they put an ugly a$$ white or red rusty wheel on my truck and the other 8 or 9 are gray:cuss:

That's because they have been "incorporated" by corporate. It does not matter how it looks, or even if it is unsafe. Corporate does not have to deal with it. If there is an accident then blame it on the driver. If the driver refuses to drive a dangerous truck, blame the lost revenue on the driver. Write him up and punish him. Blame the driver and not corporate. Anything to save a dollar. Never mind MAKING a dollar, just save a dollar at at
ALL COST.

If we drove our trucks like they opperated we would not last long.Its O.K for them to make an opperational mistake but don't you dare be human and make a mistake like put a little scartch on a tractor $hit thats 1 day suspention

If we drove our trucks like they opperated we would not last long.Its O.K for them to make an opperational mistake but don't you dare be human and make a mistake like put a little scartch on a tractor $hit thats 1 day suspention
Watch where you're goin driver, and you won't scratch your truck.:hysterical:

You have forgot. $hit rolls downhill driver and we are at the bottom of the hill. Any and all blame is trasfered to the driver level. Did I mention any and all blame???:chairshot: