Holland | Remember the Old Days??

tsr

TB Lurker
Credits
I started with Holland in 1981, when we were small yet mighty and operated in the black! Do you remember when we broke make revenue records and were making a great profit!!! Do you remember when we were owned privately and the company really cared about its employees! Do you remember our success was built on over night service and we delivered almost everything over night!!
Do you remember when there was very little discounts to the customers and when we had to we charged them for detentions, on freight, trailers, inside deliveries, re-deliveries etc... Do you remember when the copany was appreciative on the hard work we did and would provide pizza......or hot dogs...or a small spread to show their appreciation for our efforts!! Do you remember when we were not a number but a person (part of the team ) doing the best job we can.
Well................I can and it hurts me to watch what has happened to our company and how yrc has torn it down. I remember.....yes I remember:-(:mad:

The Good Ole Days

Just sipping coffee from my (company gift) coffee cup. Yep, the one from September of 'o4. It has the record day, record week and record month profit numbers on it. That seems like light years ago. Nowadays we can't even get a birthday gift. (times are too tight) I'm guessing our Holiday Ham (Christmas gift) will become a can of SPAM! The ham memo should be out shortly. I just hope the memo that tells us that the company is cutting our ham out will be honest and state......."Sorry folks, we in management are still mis-managing our company, therefore we will be cutting your Holiday Ham down to a can of spam." By the way does anyone have a recipe for the fat stuff that you scrape off spam? :hysterical::biglaugh:

Just sipping coffee from my (company gift) coffee cup. Yep, the one from September of 'o4. It has the record day, record week and record month profit numbers on it. That seems like light years ago. Nowadays we can't even get a birthday gift. (times are too tight) I'm guessing our Holiday Ham (Christmas gift) will become a can of SPAM! The ham memo should be out shortly. I just hope the memo that tells us that the company is cutting our ham out will be honest and state......."Sorry folks, we in management are still mis-managing our company, therefore we will be cutting your Holiday Ham down to a can of spam." By the way does anyone have a recipe for the fat stuff that you scrape off spam? :hysterical::biglaugh:

I think you are giving YRC to much credit. I they give you a can of spam then they are recognizing that you are at least a small asset to the Company or maybe even Human. I would not doubt that our Christmas gift will be more layoffs, more UE's, and more bid cuts. I still want someone to explain why you buy a Company for $1b, dismantle most of it, and change the operating procedures for the remaining Companies? If Holland did not Operate efficiently, why did YRC pay such a premium price?

I started with Holland in 1981, when we were small yet mighty and operated in the black! Do you remember when we broke make revenue records and were making a great profit!!! Do you remember when we were owned privately and the company really cared about its employees! Do you remember our success was built on over night service and we delivered almost everything over night!!
Do you remember when there was very little discounts to the customers and when we had to we charged them for detentions, on freight, trailers, inside deliveries, re-deliveries etc... Do you remember when the company was appreciative on the hard work we did and would provide pizza......or hot dogs...or a small spread to show their appreciation for our efforts!! Do you remember when we were not a number but a person (part of the team ) doing the best job we can.
Well................I can and it hurts me to watch what has happened to our company and how yrc has torn it down. I remember.....yes I remember:-(:mad:

I also remember when we were more than a dues payment.

I still want someone to explain why you buy a Company for $1b, dismantle most of it, and change the operating procedures for the remaining Companies? If Holland did not Operate efficiently, why did YRC pay such a premium price?

My guess,as an outsider,would be to buy out the competition.

I think you are giving YRC to much credit. I they give you a can of spam then they are recognizing that you are at least a small asset to the Company or maybe even Human. I would not doubt that our Christmas gift will be more layoffs, more UE's, and more bid cuts. I still want someone to explain why you buy a Company for $1b, dismantle most of it, and change the operating procedures for the remaining Companies? If Holland did not Operate efficiently, why did YRC pay such a premium price?
There is a method to their madness. YRC know that Holland was the best in short haul and operated in the black. We are the blue chip carrier. So to eliminate the competition they buy us and milk us for what we are worth. Down the road they can sell us off if they wish for a profit as we have a good reputation, this is how big business works. They also could write us off for a tax loss, as I said their is a madness to their method

Well, YRC must be doing ok, for them to give away 5 or 6 million to sponsor that golfer, right? I wonder what they expected thier ROI (return on investment) to be there? That just shows their lack of priority.

When they do it, it affects more than Holland employees for I know that I and many others donate the hams to those less fortunate.