XPO | Remembrance of the brand before Con-Way & XPO

It just getting old that every Labor day this is brought up. Yet we don't hear a word about PIE, Preston, Carolina, APA, and other union company that closed. Yea it sucks they way it happened but your telling me no one in the union saw this coming. I heard former CF drivers that were told by the BA not to worry about those CCX boy they haul the cheap short mileage freight.
DID you know that Con-Way was union in the NE? They bought Penn-Yan express in 1983. By 1990 it was closed down due to a strike. Now I don't know the terms of the strike but 2yrs later CCX reopened it. So OV-10 you had your union but the union f'ed it up.
We hear it all the time. The union is at fault. The management is at fault. The simple fact it how long do you thinks the door will stay open when you don't turn a profit for 2yrs. Can we say NEMF.. This is why I said no one in the union saw this or they just did care.
I do know about 2 weeks after they close the union was all of sudden standing outside my gate at AF want us to sign cards.
No one is to big to fail.
I'll bring it up again next Labor Day...IF I'm still on this earth and have access to the
internet...RIP, CF and ALL of the labor (not just trucking) lost to the good ole off shore manufacturing..

No more off shore, please! I'd rather pay an extra $2 for the US made product!

True labor day!