Yellow | Reopening of Ex-Yellow LTL Terminals Gathers Pace

For surviving carriers this was a once in a lifetime bonanza.
Terminals have become more difficult & expensive to obtain.
I am still shocked at some of the prices these were sold for...

For surviving carriers this was a once in a lifetime bonanza.
Terminals have become more difficult & expensive to obtain.
I am still shocked at some of the prices these were sold for...
Where? There are empty terminals in my city, in fact 2 companies built new facilities instead of moving into the empty ones. All a cross dock terminal is is concrete, dock plates and sheet metal, with a office attached .

Where? There are empty terminals in my city, in fact 2 companies built new facilities instead of moving into the empty ones. All a cross dock terminal is is concrete, dock plates and sheet metal, with a office attached .
In many larger cities and surrounding areas zoning laws prevent new construction of truck terminals. Therefore any existing terminals are worth a bit more because of that.

Where? There are empty terminals in my city, in fact 2 companies built new facilities instead of moving into the empty ones. All a cross dock terminal is is concrete, dock plates and sheet metal, with an office attached .
Some areas have better access with highways and interstate that are more accessible for a new build. Others are in densely populated areas that are better to avoid traffic congestion getting into the city.
Location, location, location,

Wow saw a pic of a old yeller one after XPO moved in and it was nice and CLEAN , not a filthy dirty mess like our barn was ..........

Where? Name the city and the zoning laws?
Edison & Cranbury NJ both have zoning against all new truck terminals. Wanna build a warehouse you are welcome but no truck terminals. Not just LTL, truckload is in the same boat. XPO had a whs in Cranbury and they snuck in a small LTL operation in at the back. They got caught as people were wonder what all the doubles coming in/out overnight were doing.

Where? Name the city and the zoning laws?
PIck you favorite Blue City, you can be assured it has some restrictive zoning laws.
In addition cost has become as big of a factor.
I seem to have read on here that in Carlisle, PA a Yellow terminal sold for nearly $200 million. How much business must flow through that building to pay it off while operating at a 90 or so??? Worse yet, if it is a break it may be a cost center and not a profit center.
The cost of entry into the industry or an area is now too costly...