New Penn | Retirements

crazy

TB Veteran
Credits
Does anyone know how many guys are retiring due to changes in local 641 pension plan.Heard from a road driver that it was as many as 140 throughout the four terms covered by 641...

Does anyone know how many guys are retiring due to changes in local 641 pension plan.Heard from a road driver that it was as many as 140 throughout the four terms covered by 641...

what changes are happening ? you know the guys in Maspeth are never informed :chairshot:

If you heard it from a Roadman it must be true! Union the age has been raised and the amount has been lowered to comply with the Feds new laws to more fully fund all pension funds. The age sucks (62)and no more $360.00 per year credit. It will still be one of the best in the USA but alot of people I know are very unhappy wanting to go at 57. Crazy- One in Trenton to leave by deadline in May. (age 57)

If you heard it from a Roadman it must be true! Union the age has been raised and the amount has been lowered to comply with the Feds new laws to more fully fund all pension funds. The age sucks (62)and no more $360.00 per year credit. It will still be one of the best in the USA but alot of people I know are very unhappy wanting to go at 57. Crazy- One in Trenton to leave by deadline in May. (age 57)

Three in nbg one city one road and one was planning to go anyway,as far as the credits they were cut to 170 from what I was told and no more thirteen checks:chairshot:

Three in nbg one city one road and one was planning to go anyway,as far as the credits they were cut to 170 from what I was told and no more thirteen checks:chairshot:
Crazy; I'm not sure on the exact details of the 13th check. The way I heard it is that they are locked in & they will continue, but will be frozen as of 6/1/08. So whatever anyone is intitled to on that date is what they will get for their 13th check when they retire.

to crazy

local 641 controls three terminals: TNT, NBH, SK, not Maspeth. Pensions will be reduced due to federal regs. However, 13th check will remain if you qualify for a pension by 3/31/08. Only a handful are retiring due to changes. 4 were going in August, anyway. 641 is solid and with these changes, will remain solid.