ABF | Retreads on Steers

Used to do that on occasion with the two-stroke Jimmys. :hysterical:
Actually had a 3406 A model Cat do that twice. Shut it off start back up and never had any problems.
We had an old Ford at TNT with a small Cat that did that also. Guys would come back in and say “not sure what happened but smoke coming out of breather and tach went backwards “

Terrible news today possibly caused by front tire...

WAWAYANDA, Orange County (WABC) -- A faulty front tire may have contributed to a charter bus careening off a New York highway and down an embankment Thursday, killing two adults and hurting dozens of others, officials said.

The bus, carrying students from Farmingdale High School in Nassau County on Long Island, was headed to band camp in Greeley, Pennsylvania.

The crash happened westbound on I-84 in Wawayanda, Orange County at 1:20 p.m.

That could have been way worse honestly, if it happened about 5ish miles later it would have happened on the downhill towards the port Jarvis exit and thats STEEP. Any control the driver may have had would be nonexistent in that decline

That could have been way worse honestly, if it happened about 5ish miles later it would have happened on the downhill towards the port Jarvis exit and thats STEEP. Any control the driver may have had would be nonexistent in that decline
You got that right. Thank goodness it wasn't there. :1036316054:

I have tried to stay quiet. If the stupid Bus Company had recap on steers and ran it off to crash ... they are going to get Yellowed in Court right quick.

I spent my first two years having recaps blow up or gator the ::shit:: out of the roads until I simply quit having them on. Or quit the companies that used them. The last few times Ive caught recaps later in my years Ive had them removed. Company raised hell. Quit them too. No recaps Period. They wont spend the 150 or so more dollars for a virgin retail tire on a ****ing 200,000 dollar 18 wheeler. //rant.

that would not have been pretty at all. definitely more fatalities. hated that hill in the winter