Holland | Return conversation to shoeman

Unionist

TB Lurker
Credits
What do you mean by "follow the freight"? If there is a strike you will bump into other terminals that approved the contract? That would be pretty shi**y now wouldnt it? Whether we like it or not the contract was approved yet you Chicagoland terminals are holding out, only to threaten bumping into other terminals. By the way, you forgot my favorite TEAMSTER quote....""an honest days work for an honest days pay!" I can honestly say that I have never seen an "honest days work" out of anyone in any of the Chicagoland terminals when I have been there! In Brotherhood and Solidarity!
:hide:

I believe that what is meant by "follow the freight" is that the freight itself will be followed and picketed?
Wherever, remains to be seen.

This is only my interpretation.

Before you get stupid thinking that you know what we are doing, a simple asking of a question would suffice. That way you could save yourself all the stress and tension you seem to exude.

Not only could you do that, but how about going to the 705 web site and reading just what is going on between the two entities.

Hopefully that wouldn't tax you too much.

And How would you suppose that we "Bump into" other terminals, that approved their contract?

What makes you or anyone else think that Chicago is "holding out"?

We have not been dealt with by the TMI negotiating group in any way that could be construed as "bargaining in good faith".

They put one proposal on the table that wasn't even complete, then added the wages portion, which then made their first last and only proposal complete.

Note: we have met fourteen times, to no avail. They never having counterproposed once.

While on the other hand we have changed our proposals and are on our proposal #6, having bargained against ourselves twice.

It is absolutely clear that they never had any intention to put out any other proposal save the first one they put forth.

We asked for Federal Mediation twice. They declined both times.

And as for "shi**y", what would you call what all the surrounding Chicago locals did by adding "me too" if 705 gets something they didn't have the intestinal fortitude to stand and fight for?

Would seem to me that there is where you should put your animosity.

Teamsters undercutting other Teamsters, getting into bed with the companies. Ensuring the companies resolve NOT to yield anything to 705 that the chicken sh*t locals did not get.

It sounds to me like you are a road driver with your statement "when I have been there!"

So tell us how long a period of time do you spend at any of the Chicago terminals in any given day/night?

Per day? Per week? Per month?

I can well imagine that you really have a significant insight into who does what or how or when they do it.

In fact, why don't you indicate your unit numbers and origin terminal here and I will make sure that everyone in all three terminals gets them and then you can answer any questions anyone might have for you or questions you might have for them.

What do you say, huh.

Your diatribe on "an honest days work" is totally without merit and should be considered as "delivered with prejudice"

705 is the second largest Teamster Local in this country, what should we do?

in your opinion?

Should we just fold up the tent because things get tough or because Hoffa says so, or because you signed a contract that we do not (to be gentle) care for.

I am here to have a civil, intelligent dialog about the things that effect all of us.

You or anyone else is free to have a different opinion. Lets agree to disagree

Any information about the 705 contract is fully accessible at the 705 web site, please take the time to go there and read it before you go off half-cocked.

YES, in Brotherhood and Solidarity

I believe that what is meant by "follow the freight" is that the freight itself will be followed and picketed?
Wherever, remains to be seen.

This is only my interpretation.

Before you get stupid thinking that you know what we are doing, a simple asking of a question would suffice. That way you could save yourself all the stress and tension you seem to exude.

Not only could you do that, but how about going to the 705 web site and reading just what is going on between the two entities.

Hopefully that wouldn't tax you too much.

And How would you suppose that we "Bump into" other terminals, that approved their contract?

What makes you or anyone else think that Chicago is "holding out"?

We have not been dealt with by the TMI negotiating group in any way that could be construed as "bargaining in good faith".

They put one proposal on the table that wasn't even complete, then added the wages portion, which then made their first last and only proposal complete.

Note: we have met fourteen times, to no avail. They never having counterproposed once.

While on the other hand we have changed our proposals and are on our proposal #6, having bargained against ourselves twice.

It is absolutely clear that they never had any intention to put out any other proposal save the first one they put forth.

We asked for Federal Mediation twice. They declined both times.

And as for "shi**y", what would you call what all the surrounding Chicago locals did by adding "me too" if 705 gets something they didn't have the intestinal fortitude to stand and fight for?

Would seem to me that there is where you should put your animosity.

Teamsters undercutting other Teamsters, getting into bed with the companies. Ensuring the companies resolve NOT to yield anything to 705 that the chicken sh*t locals did not get.

It sounds to me like you are a road driver with your statement "when I have been there!"

So tell us how long a period of time do you spend at any of the Chicago terminals in any given day/night?

Per day? Per week? Per month?

I can well imagine that you really have a significant insight into who does what or how or when they do it.

In fact, why don't you indicate your unit numbers and origin terminal here and I will make sure that everyone in all three terminals gets them and then you can answer any questions anyone might have for you or questions you might have for them.

What do you say, huh.

Your diatribe on "an honest days work" is totally without merit and should be considered as "delivered with prejudice"

705 is the second largest Teamster Local in this country, what should we do?

in your opinion?

Should we just fold up the tent because things get tough or because Hoffa says so, or because you signed a contract that we do not (to be gentle) care for.

I am here to have a civil, intelligent dialog about the things that effect all of us.

You or anyone else is free to have a different opinion. Lets agree to disagree

Any information about the 705 contract is fully accessible at the 705 web site, please take the time to go there and read it before you go off half-cocked.

YES, in Brotherhood and Solidarity

Wow tough guy I feel important! My very own personal Thread!!!:hysterical: Go see your other thread for my comments on what I "learned". How about next time you got something aimed for just me you send the PM, GOOD BUDDY!!!:realmad:(getting half-cocked again)

I wouldn't think it would take a scholar to figure that out. The post on the other thread was pretty harsh considering you had no clue what was being said.

Wow tough guy I feel important! My very own personal Thread!!!:hysterical: Go see your other thread for my comments on what I "learned". How about next time you got something aimed for just me you send the PM, GOOD BUDDY!!!:realmad:(getting half-cocked again)

If you got the b**ls to post I got the b**ls to answer you.

Wasn't it you that accused EVERYONE in CHICAGO of, what, not being honest, not doing an honest days work, etc.

So, what, you got the nerve to slam EVERYONE in the CHICAGO terminals, but I'm a "tough guy" because I suggest you provide your unit numbers to the very same people you have slammed. Since we cannot post names here.

So that you and they have a face to face conversation so you can explain your accusations on a public forum, to them.

But, oh! you think that if I have something aimed just for you I should PM it to you when you cannot afford the same discretion to EVERYONE in ALL the Chicago terminals you so cavalierly SH*T on because "you were aggravated".

If I based my perception of myself or my co-workers on opinions of people that post things because "they were aggravated"
I would at best be disappointed with myself.

I do not comment on this forum to enter into pi**ing contests with anyone.

That said, I will not shrink from any exchange from anyone.

If you read the overwhelming majority of anything I have posted on this forum you will, if coming from an unprejudiced position, realize that I attempt to keep whomever is interested, informed and up to date on what is happening at 705 in Chicago for your ("everyones") benefit.

If you have read the hub bub about all the different interpretations as to what is going on in 705 you might see the need, from someone trying to clarify just what actually is, to do just that.

I do not make sh*t up what I post is from what I believe to be the actuality of it, nothing else.

Can I get things incorrect, sure, I'm only human.

That said, how about we end this diatribe between us and move on to the important stuff.

I am not looking to make enemies.

Just go to the 705 web site if interested.
Harsh is not allowed here.

I am interested and I have checked out 705 and I do appreciate you taking the time to keep those of us interested informed you seem to do a very good job. My post was addressed at the post just before mine with the grown up name calling:chairshot::chairshot:

I am interested and I have checked out 705 and I do appreciate you taking the time to keep those of us interested informed you seem to do a very good job. My post was addressed at the post just before mine with the grown up name calling:chairshot::chairshot:

Thank you, grumpy

705 Fiasco/ Shoeman

Well Shoeman, there are people out there who are self appointed to keep us informed and up to date on all union matters for our benefit of course, on the 705 fiasco. :smilies-19296: Please be patient with
Unionist.:shades:

Great job Unionist!! Keep it up.:tongue0015:

GOD BLESS AMERICA-:USA:- Happy 4th of July.

Lumpersam

Well Shoeman, there are people out there who are self appointed to keep us informed and up to date on all union matters for our benefit of course, on the 705 fiasco. :smilies-19296: Please be patient with
Unionist.:shades:

Great job Unionist!! Keep it up

GOD BLESS AMERICA-:USA:- Happy 4th of July.

Lumpersam

What fiasco, stalled talks?

Speaking of self-appointed, how's that court jester thing going? :smilie_132:

Happy 4th of July

Hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July.

GOD BLESS AMERICA :USA: SUPPORT OUR TROOPS:3dflagsdotcom_usa_2

lumpersam:funky: