Yellow | Richmond (162) in the need of dockworkers

Docksteward

Teamsters Local 71
Credits
Winston just posted a notice to ask for dockworkers to help out in Richmond, starting today. It was posted that your mileage from 671 to 162 will be paid. Your hotel along with a meal per diem will also be provided. Something interesting though..........a CDL isn't required to do this work, like it was for the COO!!

Walking Eagle would be glad to have you, any takers??:hysterical: DS.

how bout it dock same thing going on at 123 newburgh begging guys from 120 stroud to do the same thing .and check this out
120 is sending drivers bobtail i guess to harrisburg to take loads north east as they have some many on layoff . so those guys are 2 1/2 hours south then 2 1/2 hours back north , so thats 5 hours on the road just to get where they started lol .then drive past far as they can go until their hour run out . it sure is great roadway engineers had this great idea to save money TOO DAMN BAD THEY NEVER HAD A PLAN TO GO WITH IT

I have said this all along. When RDWY has a plan like this they need to ask the guys that do the work for their input.

I know I'm suggesting something they would never do, but it's the truth. Take for instance....our dock layout (671) is a joke. Heavy doors at the end of the dock with no room. UE drivers having to back in where there's hardly any room. Having the UE drivers work the dock with little to no training on the DCT's. Hell all they would have had to do is ask, we could have given them the best way to do it, free of charge!!

Anyways.........is RDWY getting any takers to fill in at these overwhelmed terminals? I could actually see some of this direct freight being loaded at the break bulks (or whatever we are) again, if freight levels stay like they are or increase. We'll see this coming week. I feel a big end of the month coming up! :funky: DS.

, if freight levels stay like they are or increase. We'll see this coming week. I feel a big end of the month coming up! :funky: DS.
I hope they stay the same and keep on improving.. I have no idea where the freight came from but I am happy to see some movement #547 recalled 10 in linehaul in two weeks luckily I was one of the chosen.. I only hope it lasts...

our superiors run this company like george bush runs the country, just heard they are sending 123 loads to 120 cause 123 can't handle it.....well if they didn't need those cdl things this would've never have happened, i think they watched the invade iraq video, now they invade newburgh and expect results, so far the results is sending the work to guys they laid off 2 years ago cause they don't want to pay the senior guys 6 weeks vacation anymore, boo hoo they put up with your crap for all those years they deserve more than 6 weeks for all the crap they put up with

I hope they stay the same and keep on improving.. I have no idea where the freight came from but I am happy to see some movement #547 recalled 10 in linehaul in two weeks luckily I was one of the chosen.. I only hope it lasts...
Hey SN...........I'm glad you got back on. I'm with you, someone turned on the freight faucet and we got a decent flow now. We may actually have a chance to have a busy fall, if this keeps up. DS.

If anyone goes to help those terminals, they are CRAZY. What get it under control, train their part timers for free then stick it up your A$$ when you come back to your home terminal, and then they lay you off. Anyone who goes to these other terminals should be ashamed of yourselves. If we (120) would have went to 108, they would have taken more from us. You can not stuff 10lbs of $hit in a 5 pound bag no matter how hard they try. Send it to the terminals that want to work it and can. 671 120 135, we always did it before lets do it now. Those other velocity terminal which we all know is a joke, let them CHOKE ON IT. I do not know why a bunch of dumb drivers and dumb dock :tongue0002::puke:workers seem to know whats going on and the people making these changes do not. I guess if it looks good on paper its gotta work. Ok can you say BUFFALO, we knew it was a joke as soon as we heard it now 3 yrs later oh yeah thats not working. Maybe they should have a COO in the corporate office and get someone who knows whats going on.

Are they still moving freight around Chicago Heights? If you guys have a pickup in freight then that is good for all union workers. It still seems to me that The Big R still makes decisions to change things without anyones input. ( the workers) When the three stooges came to 131 to sell us the fairy tale ,all questions were answered with a bobblehead doll type nod of the head. Yeah,We Can Do That!!!! I do hope The Big R weathers the storm, we don't need anymore union carriers going out! Good luck to all.

I think they are rethinking about their decisions closing or reducing some terminals. Forward 1 step then backwards 2 steps and forward again. With the market the way it is an space at an excess maybe they were smarter than we thought. Sell property at a premimum price then buy it back at a discount. 162 is too small to handle all that work when they got bum rushed.

Just think before yellow bought roadway all roadway terminals were busting with freight?Now yellow or holland is with them in those docks were will all the freight go?