Yellow | "Right-to-Work provides no 'rights' and no 'work'

Why should some be forced to join any organization? Maybe they disagree with union politics the vast majority of union donations go to Democrats. Maybe their religion doesn't allow it. A person should never be forced to join.

It's funny , I hear that argument often , yet the scabs who refuse to join are always surprised when they get fired for some b.s. reason and nobody is there to stand up for them. If you reap the benefits of a union you should support it , if you don't like the politics , you have a much stronger voice from the inside. I don't always agree with everything the union stands for , but I do believe when we stand together for our rights , we can affect change .

A person is not forced to use toilet paper either, but it's the right thing to do!

You arent forced to join. You can work at a non union shop.

It's funny , I hear that argument often , yet the scabs who refuse to join are always surprised when they get fired for some b.s. reason and nobody is there to stand up for them. If you reap the benefits of a union you should support it , if you don't like the politics , you have a much stronger voice from the inside. I don't always agree with everything the union stands for , but I do believe when we stand together for our rights , we can affect change .

With all due respect, I think it would be much more productive to have some sensible, rational, intelligent discussions with non-union folks to explain to them in a civil way why it's advantageous for them to join the union. Making snide remarks and calling them names does absolutely nothing to convince them to come over to our side. Who wants to join a bunch of people who denigrate you? Basic common sense IMHO.

With all due respect, I think it would be much more productive to have some sensible, rational, intelligent discussions with non-union folks to explain to them in a civil way why it's advantageous for them to join the union. Making snide remarks and calling them names does absolutely nothing to convince them to come over to our side. Who wants to join a bunch of people who denigrate you? Basic common sense IMHO.
He is a union driver. He works at UPSF

Why should some be forced to join any organization? Maybe they disagree with union politics the vast majority of union donations go to Democrats. Maybe their religion doesn't allow it. A person should never be forced to join.

Discussion about union benefits v. not having said benefits is imperative.

IMHO, work in a union shop, join.

nuff said!

My toilet paper comment was a joke. Poking fun at toilet paper!

The nons are all about me my self and I ,very few will listen to us ,and or follow Leed by example and others will follow with direction.!!!!

I'm almost afraid to say this; but.... Have you ever read THESE Boards, or worked in a large barn??????? Every place, everywhere, is about me, myself, and I. Union or Non. Humans....

"Flip on the telly, wrestle with Jimmy!" :17142:

I took no offense I giggled at the comment. And yes I work for UPSF and am a dues paying member by choice. That being said if the union would actually do its job at the national level people would want to join. As it stands right now Mr. Hoffa is in the company's pocket. The contracts are not negotiated from a position of strength.

I'm for the union but I am disappointment that collective bargaining seems to have gone out the window.
It's now become whatever they the company wants they get.We better damn well fight to keep what little we have left.

That's fine, but it belongs in the political forum.

Simple test would be- would it have been moved if it Supported rtw instead of knocking it,? Yep, in s flat second.