Ringling Brothers Circus Closing Shop.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5115

It is sad to hear that the "Greatest Show on Earth" is going by the wayside. I have seen this show several times over the years and, hey, who doesn't like the circus?
Jan 14 (Reuters) - The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey circus said on Saturday it will cease performances after 146 years in business, owing to what it said were declining tickets sales and high operating costs.

"After much evaluation and deliberation, my family and I have made the difficult business decision that Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey will hold its final performances in May," Kenneth Feld, chairman and CEO of Feld Entertainment, the Florida-based producer of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, said on the circus' web site.
http://www.aol.com/article/2017/01/...ing-its-tent-after-nearly-150-years/21655111/

It is sad to hear that the "Greatest Show on Earth" is going by the wayside. I have seen this show several times over the years and, hey, who doesn't like the circus?

http://www.aol.com/article/2017/01/...ing-its-tent-after-nearly-150-years/21655111/
it's (to me) all the damned animal rights activists. yet, in the article i read in my local newspaper, people were against the elephants for example, but ironically, they wouldn;t go to the circus, cuz the elephants were no longer there..>!!!..:scratchhead:

personally, i have only been to the circus maybe twice in my youth. i could care less. a couple of years ago, we had a huge accident here. the gals doing a high wire act, fell down, due to a device THEY USED AND THEY PURCHASED mind you, and they still "tried" to sue my city.....

for all i care, they can go screw themselves.

it was thier RESPONSIBILITY 1000%, and they tried passing the blame.>????

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/04/us/circus-accident-rhode-island/index.html

i failed to see how my city, my civic center was responsible for THIER device breaking.....

there were firemen/rescue and police ON DUTY and the response time for dozens of rescue squads and ambulances was incredibly swift....

so in the end. PT Barnum said, "there's a sucker born every minute" the Feld Company (owner of the circus) must have thought my city and rescue personnel were suckers...again...screw'em

no loss of what..200 people out of work..??

i'll just bet, "some" will wannabe truckers....!!!!!!!!

The public's choice of entertainment has changed. Young children have their own electronic devices & that opens the whole world to even the young.
Animal rights advocates have also had an influence on people especially the young who are so easily influenced. I saw a poll a while back that said young people thought whitetail deer were endangered & should be protected from hunters. If young people don't want to go to the circus then there will be no demand for that type of entertainment.

The public's choice of entertainment has changed. Young children have their own electronic devices & that opens the whole world to even the young.
Animal rights advocates have also had an influence on people especially the young who are so easily influenced. I saw a poll a while back that said young people thought whitetail deer were endangered & should be protected from hunters. If young people don't want to go to the circus then there will be no demand for that type of entertainment.
i say...kill all the deer...they are useless beasts that serve no purpose. when all the deer are dead, kill all the racoons..they are useless beasts that serve no purpose.

when all the deer and racoons are dead, kill all the coyotes, foxes, wolves, and polar bears, and tigers and lions, oh my.....

they are all useless beasts, and serve no purpose.

then when we kill off all the wild life, let's start killing all the convicts, no matter thier sentence..they are useless beasts, and serve no purpose.

when all the animals and tigers and lions (oh my) are killed and then all the convicts are killed, let's kill all the Hollywood directors, and producers and writers that rehash movies and tv shows that stink and should have only been ONE and done, and FORGOTTEN....what's this prequel crappola..??

then when all the animals and tigers and lions (oh my) are killed, and all the convicts and all the Hollywood types, let's kill all the animal rights activists, that started me on my rampage........

cuz by the time all is killed, i'd personally wanna kill'em bastoids......

we now return to your regularly scheduled forum.....

Every animal & insect has a purpose in the ecological system. When any animal species becomes overpopulated for their environment they face malnutrition & disease. Whitetail deer have become overpopulated in this area & many more. Residents in cities thought deer were cute & started feeding them which only brought in more. Ecologists told the people that deer are wild animals & should be left to forage on their natural diet. Soon deer were feeding on flowers & gardens. Automobile insurance rates went up because of the huge increase in deer strikes. The deer brought in ticks that spread disease. Many cities opened up urban bow hunts to thin the population. The hunters were required to donate the first two deer to soup kitchens which helps feed the hungry. It has been a win-win for all involved.

Every animal & insect has a purpose in the ecological system.
I'm not so sure about this one...I don't see much use for at least a couple of species...the stinkbug and the ground hog kind of top the list.

I'm not so sure about this one...I don't see much use for at least a couple of species...the stinkbug and the ground hog kind of top the list.
then it's "settled" with start the extermination of all useless beasts and insects.

Add to that list mosquitoes & armadillos.
Add to that list mosquitoes & armadillos.