FedEx Freight | Road bid tractors!!

At our barn, central assigns tractors to runs including extra board. All of our extra board tractors have a million miles give or take a few thousand. So if a driver goes from #2 to #3 extra he has to switch tractors. Local center has no say in the matter. God I miss the old AF days. No it wasn't perfect, but the local centers had more control in these types of issues.

At our barn, central assigns tractors to runs including extra board. All of our extra board tractors have a million miles give or take a few thousand. So if a driver goes from #2 to #3 extra he has to switch tractors. Local center has no say in the matter. God I miss the old AF days. No it wasn't perfect, but the local centers had more control in these types of issues.

Actually the trucks with 1 million miles are much better, and more reliable than any of these newer CARB compliant trucks.

:shift:

oh ic I cant have an have a say on here without rc telling me to go get #@#$, its just the same self centered guys on here all the time, you fellows have ran a lot of good guys off the board, thanks for making trucking boards a good place, I will no longer be on here either

Sorry, but not everyone gets a trophy here. Take your football and go home. RC can be a bit boorish at times, but he's sagacious and brings life to an otherwise dead forum.

at my yard we have one 2013,one 2012,and one 2011. they go to the one two and three drivers by mileage. The rest are 850,000 and up and are assigned by the longest run. Our number 4 driver is in a 850,000 tractor.

Okay...I thought that the tractor with the lowest miles went on the longest runs! I have the longest run out of my yard (over 530 miles a night) We got in a new (280,000 mile) Kenworth truck in our yard and they gave it to the number one driver in our yard. My truck had 325,000 miles....well about a month and a half ago another kenworth came in with 240,000 miles on it and it went to the #2 driver on our board. I asked about why are they getting the tractors when their runs are less than mine and my TM looked into it and showed me the email with the response he got saying they were giving them out by seniority. Well with the rebids happening I thought With my truck with more miles then those trucks I would have been given one...Nope...those trucks stayed with those drivers! Since when giving trucks out by seniority happen? If my truck wasn't braking down for three months at a time after driving it for a week once it gets back from the dealership I wouldn't care but I want a truck that is reliable!
Your gripping about a company that has NO IDEA what the person next them or in the other department are doing.... Do your J O B, collect your check , enjoy the weekend and @#$% it!! When there ready to get GREAT RESULTS..... then and only THEN they have realized THEY not US have SCERWED this all up....Treat your people well all the time and good results will happen....I just wasted a bunch of letters

RC seems to be the man they love to hate. First, the man calls himself Richard Cranium, so how can you not take the hint? Second, how can you not love someone who is creative enough to call himself Richard Cranium? That has to be the best name on here. It's obvious I didn't put any thought into my name isn't it? I just signed up to ask a question, and wasn't planning on staying, but we see how that worked out don't we? I'm like your brother in-law who says he's only going to ride your couch for a month, and six months later still can't find a job.

RC seems to be the man they love to hate. First, the man calls himself Richard Cranium, so how can you not take the hint? Second, how can you not love someone who is creative enough to call himself Richard Cranium? That has to be the best name on here. It's obvious I didn't put any thought into my name isn't it? I just signed up to ask a question, and wasn't planning on staying, but we see how that worked out don't we? I'm like your brother in-law who says he's only going to ride your couch for a month, and six months later still can't find a job.

Actually Richard Cranium has been around a long long time, If you grew up in the 50's and 60's ( like I did And I presume RC is in that era also) you would hear it all the time.

Central does that here also, yep it took them two weeks to figure out what trks go to the xtra board :duh:

Gee, thanks, I think.......

sa·ga·cious
səˈgāSHəs/Submit
adjective
having or showing keen mental discernment and good judgment; shrewd.
"they were sagacious enough to avoid any outright confrontation"
synonyms: wise, clever, intelligent, knowledgeable, sensible, sage; More

Nope, 2008 Volvo, new to me with 800k miles. Came from
i Des Moines.

2005 KW, 1700xxx, with inter-axle lock, and no bells and whistles to remind the driver every 5 seconds to pay attention, is "old school" trucking at its best.
And no 55 mph driving is a huge plus. (yet another reason to stay away from CA.) :LMAO: