FedEx Freight | Road Drivers

DragRacer

******* Jockey
Credits
Could I get some FXF guys to clear up an ongoing argument (between myself and a co-worker)?

Can a driver be hired on at FXF as a road driver or would he have to work his way up on the seniority board?

Also, do road drivers have to do dock work? I hope your road guys aren't as "blessed" as us over here at Con-way are in that regard. Driving 250+ miles and working the dock for 4+ hrs and then driving back ain't no fun.

Thanks, fellas.

Road Drivers are hired off the street only if a city driver or cdl qualified dock associate does not apply

over 201 miles one way = no forced dock

when any job is available at FXF it is posted on the bulletin board, the local terminal city drivers have the first shot to fill the position, if it's not filled by a local one then a driver from another term can transfer in , this is if a road job is posted... I think if a city job is open, they get most from the dock on that driver apprentice program, also drivers can transfer in from other terminals but I think they choose guys from the local barn over them...

in other words, at medium to large terminals it would be hard to be hired off the street as a Road driver, I think it would be easier to get on at a tiny or small terminal though

DragRacer said:
Also, do road drivers have to do dock work? I hope your road guys aren't as "blessed" as us over here at Con-way are in that regard. Driving 250+ miles and working the dock for 4+ hrs and then driving back ain't no fun.

You may not have forced dock work. You may have forced city runs instead. R&L plays that game.

All are on IOC

Jeff said:
when any job is available at FXF it is posted on the bulletin board, the local terminal city drivers have the first shot to fill the position, if it's not filled by a local one then a driver from another term can transfer in , this is if a road job is posted... I think if a city job is open, they get most from the dock on that driver apprentice program, also drivers can transfer in from other terminals but I think they choose guys from the local barn over them...
Jeff is almost all the way right. All jobs are posted on the Internal Opp. Board(IOC) If it is not filled locally, then anyone can transfer in from other Centers; city,road, clerical etc. Then they go to the street to hire.