Yellow | road test at yellow.

fr8hauler333

TB Lurker
Credits
a friend of mine who lost his job at alvan is going to do a road test at yellow. they told him there is 8 things they are looking for in a pre-trip inspection and he needs to get 6 of them right. anyone know for sure what they are looking for . thanks

If nothing else, make sure you check the fifth wheel. make sure the handles are in, crawl underneath with a flash light and check the jaws make sure they are closed and make sure the rod on the front of the dolly fifth wheel is flush against the fifth wheel. all the rest is routine

Make sure Pintle is securely latched. Light cords securely latched in place. If slider, 5th wheel pins out. Brake lights work (If Volvo, release trailer brake, put into gear and push brake pedal). Make sure air pressure to dolly hand valve, when air engaged.

a friend of mine who lost his job at alvan is going to do a road test at yellow. they told him there is 8 things they are looking for in a pre-trip inspection and he needs to get 6 of them right. anyone know for sure what they are looking for . thanks

Well lets see its been about 4 years since I worked at Yellow. If I remember right make sure you go under the trailer to see that the fifth wheel is locked to the link pin to the trailer. And that means the rear trailer also. Your lights, air leaks,your gear hooked up right to the lead box, tires,no oil leaks out of your hubs. Thats what the trainer told me. I got lucky this time I just had to take a drug test today. No driving test. Since I guess I worked for yellow before at the same hub. So I start this Sunday 7-20-08 on the dock. Feels good to be back. Tell your friend I said good luck.

Stuff

Lights ,Horns, Wipers, Washer Fluid,Seat Belt,Permit Book,Fire Ext.
Chances are you will know more than the person giving the test

Well lets see its been about 4 years since I worked at Yellow. If I remember right make sure you go under the trailer to see that the fifth wheel is locked to the link pin to the trailer. And that means the rear trailer also. Your lights, air leaks,your gear hooked up right to the lead box, tires,no oil leaks out of your hubs. Thats what the trainer told me. I got lucky this time I just had to take a drug test today. No driving test. Since I guess I worked for yellow before at the same hub. So I start this Sunday 7-20-08 on the dock. Feels good to be back. Tell your friend I said good luck.

Congrats Sour for getting back into a Union Job:1036316054::1036316054:

Welcome back!!!

Make sure Pintle is securely latched. Light cords securely latched in place. If slider, 5th wheel pins out. Brake lights work (If Volvo, release trailer brake, put into gear and push brake pedal). Make sure air pressure to dolly hand valve, when air engaged.
Welcome back, how are you doing?

Where is he/she hiring in?

Don't do anything different. I don't know when your friend became a professional driver (experience)...but there are only the following things Yellow looks for when your friend (WANTS) to become a Yellow Driver. (1) Points on his/her license (2) driving record (3) years experience...double/triple/tanker qualified (yes) (tanker qual) and HAZMAT... get online...MyYellow, Your Online Connection to Yellow Transportation Inc. if you have any questions about what I have just told you.

DOT Physical

Don't do anything different. I don't know when your friend became a professional driver (experience)...but there are only the following things Yellow looks for when your friend (WANTS) to become a Yellow Driver. (1) Points on his/her license (2) driving record (3) years experience...double/triple/tanker qualified (yes) (tanker qual) and HAZMAT... get online...MyYellow, Your Online Connection to Yellow Transportation Inc. if you have any questions about what I have just told you.
DOT Physical too...

Whats a pre-trip? At UPS Freight (Always Late) their roadtest entails just not hitting anything and killing the instructor, in whatever piece of sh!t tractor is dripping oil in the yard, pulling our quality top-of-the-line trailer (the one with the least holes in the side)...not once do they mention the pre-trip...

Anyways good luck to the former Alvan driver with his new job at Yellow...wish I would have got on at 'ol Yella years ago when I applied for pt dock...later gang

safety ?

Several years ago , I saw a linehaul mngr knowingly give a road test with a hazmat placarded trailer to a driver who had no hazmat endorsement, and yes, it included city and highway driving. :duh: