Yellow | Roadway Drivers in Dallas

rockstar_trucker

TB Lurker
Credits
Help! I've wanted to get into LTL freight for nearly a year now. I don't necessarily even need to drive. In fact, I'd like to work the docks for a while... maybe at least a year. But it's hard finding opportunities like that in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. So, if any of you knows the secret way in, please let me know. I'm available now. I'm not a union member, but would be more than happy to sign up.

Thanks.

rockstar_trucker said:
Help! I've wanted to get into LTL freight for nearly a year now. I don't necessarily even need to drive. In fact, I'd like to work the docks for a while... maybe at least a year. But it's hard finding opportunities like that in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. So, if any of you knows the secret way in, please let me know. I'm available now. I'm not a union member, but would be more than happy to sign up.

Thanks.
Rockstar, here is Roadway's employmeny #1-877-762-3929 ext 511 for Dallas ext 514 Ft. Worth. This is an automaited # you will be asked questions by a computer. At a later date they will call you to come in for formal application. DO NOT USE A CEL PHONE OR CORDLESS PHONE, that's what they told me. Hope this helps. Mustache Retited Roadway

rockstar_trucker said:

Thanks.
Rockstar, here is Roadway's employmeny #1-877-762-3929 ext 511 for Dallas ext 514 Ft. Worth. This is an automaited # you will be asked questions by a computer. At a later date they will call you to come in for formal application. DO NOT USE A CEL PHONE OR CORDLESS PHONE, that's what they told me. Hope this helps. Mustache Retired Roadway

Any unique requirements?

A lot of local jobs require 2 years of experience and a spotless DAC. My DAC isn't terrible but it has a smudge or two on there. And I have only 19 months experience. I'm kind of interested in taking a break from the rig for a while, but I still need to earn an income, and I'd like to stay in the field, so that when I am ready to get behind the wheel it would be easy enough to do. If I only want to work the dock, would Roadway take me on even if my DAC isn't perfect and my resume is short?

dallas

rockstar_trucker said:
A lot of local jobs require 2 years of experience and a spotless DAC. My DAC isn't terrible but it has a smudge or two on there. And I have only 19 months experience. I'm kind of interested in taking a break from the rig for a while, but I still need to earn an income, and I'd like to stay in the field, so that when I am ready to get behind the wheel it would be easy enough to do. If I only want to work the dock, would Roadway take me on even if my DAC isn't perfect and my resume is short?
You can forget the DAC. Roadway doesn't use it as far as I know. If you have any accidents on your licence they will see that of course. If you got a clean licence and 1yr experience they will hire you. When do you wan to work? If you pick Linehaul you will run sleeper and if you pick dock you are gonna be in the city. Got to decide what you want because you can't switch back and forth. Need any info I can try to help you out. I could bs them and say u are my friend or something as long as u don't make me look bad, hehe.

Sweet!

In order to make you look bad, I'd have to make myself look bad. And I'm not interested in doing that... so you don't have to worry about me. The sooner I could start the better, but I'd like to stay local, running city. Like I said, I wouldn't mind working the dock for a while (like a year or two); I'd actually kind of prefer it. But I'll take what I can get. I know it isn't easy to get a job at Roadway.

Thanks for the tip. By all means put in a good word for me. I'll swing by their D/FW area terminals some time next week as well as follow these hyperlinks to Roadway's job list.

E-mail me: [email protected]

Thanks again for all the help!