Yellow | Roadway should have bought Yellow

Daygo

TB Lurker
Credits
Roadway way was making a profit until Yellow bought them out and put both companies in the toilet. I just hope I still have a Job!

I think you and about 25000 other employees in 2003 (pre yellow) think the same as you do. Believe me you are not alone Brother!

I think you and about 25000 other employees in 2003 (pre yellow) think the same as you do. Believe me you are not alone Brother!

I believe big-r did make offers for yellow years back but was refused. Bottom line here at the moment is that money was borrowed by yellow to complete the purchase of roadway and it has been mismanaged ever since.
I have my own beliefs at the moment as to whats going on here but do think we are all on a better track now and things will get better with these new appointments and changes inside the company. I do remember being on the bottom of the board in troubled times in the early seventies and it did hurt but I hung fast and believed in the future of the company. There are things that everyone can do to help at the moment though! Any teamster that is comfortable should start by working as normal a week as possible and log breaks and run or work as close to a minimal week or work load as possible. People who are comfortable and have little financial problems should get out and spend a little money and at least make an effort to stimulate this stale economy. I'm sure you could do a little Xmass shopping or even make some home improvment purchases to prepare for the change of season. The stability of the market is measured by financial institutions that are indeed watching these sectors and trust me they will recognize the changes and react to them. Crazy thing.....I was out on 17 last week through Jersey and was shocked to see every mall parking lot filled to capacity at 10PM so who knows....the times may change a little very soon. The important thing right now is that everyones actions wether they be at work or home generate freight.
This will secure a future for your brothers at the bottom.
I dont want to see anybody suffer for the actions of a company or an economy in turmoil but I have been there myself and would advise everyone to hang in there cause I believe better days are just around the corner and if you keep moving about you never will obtain seniority. I cant give up my job but I can assure you all that I will do everything possible to see you all get back as soon as possible.

I believe big-r did make offers for yellow years back but was refused. Bottom line here at the moment is that money was borrowed by yellow to complete the purchase of roadway and it has been mismanaged ever since.
I have my own beliefs at the moment as to whats going on here but do think we are all on a better track now and things will get better with these new appointments and changes inside the company. I do remember being on the bottom of the board in troubled times in the early seventies and it did hurt but I hung fast and believed in the future of the company. There are things that everyone can do to help at the moment though! Any teamster that is comfortable should start by working as normal a week as possible and log breaks and run or work as close to a minimal week or work load as possible. People who are comfortable and have little financial problems should get out and spend a little money and at least make an effort to stimulate this stale economy. I'm sure you could do a little Xmass shopping or even make some home improvment purchases to prepare for the change of season. The stability of the market is measured by financial institutions that are indeed watching these sectors and trust me they will recognize the changes and react to them. Crazy thing.....I was out on 17 last week through Jersey and was shocked to see every mall parking lot filled to capacity at 10PM so who knows....the times may change a little very soon. The important thing right now is that everyones actions wether they be at work or home generate freight.
This will secure a future for your brothers at the bottom.
I dont want to see anybody suffer for the actions of a company or an economy in turmoil but I have been there myself and would advise everyone to hang in there cause I believe better days are just around the corner and if you keep moving about you never will obtain seniority. I cant give up my job but I can assure you all that I will do everything possible to see you all get back as soon as possible.
Very well said....A TRUE TEAMSTER

One big reason the economy in in the can is because OUR Country has no manufacturing.

Why did Roadway let Yellow buy them any way. I never have looked to deep in that.

One big reason the economy in in the can is because OUR Country has no manufacturing.

Why did Roadway let Yellow buy them any way. I never have looked to deep in that.

I believe the outsourcing of jobs has been overdone in this country and it only stands to reason that it would come back to haunt the politicians and masters of the business's that practiced it. I also believe that what goes around ...comes around and it is indeed begining to come back to them now and it effects us all directly. Cheap labor doesnt always balance out when you get through moving the material one way and then have to move the product back to try to market it to the very people who you left jobless in the beginning. I think we are in the early stages of making the adjustment to all these outsourcing errors.Its also time the clock stopped for corporate welfare in america and I'm watching and "VOTING" for some changes!
Exactly why roadway was sold is an ongoing mystery to all who knew and worked for the Roushes but in light of whats happening now wouldnt it be really amazing if it was all some intricate part of a bigger plan:deal:....one never knows now do one:wink1:?

we were told at 120 that the offer was made and it was a good profit for the stockholder and had to be accepted . not like they ever lied to us b4

If they didn't sell to yellow was going o do a hostile takeover .So the top dogs at roadway thought it would save people jobs and keep the company going .Well we all see now that that was a bad choice.It was all about selling off all the assets that roadway had.And that roadway was almost dept fee.

I have only been a teamster for 13 mounths. I was hired by Yellow. Was laid off for 4 of thoes. Not long I know. I don't know anything about the buyout. All I know is I am not working. Yellow or Roadway Roadway or Yellow. Makes no differince! The money is still GOOD OLD AMERICAN GREEN! I WANT TO WORK! You all act like an old dog that doesn't want to give up his bone. IF YOU CONTINUE TO FIGHT NO ONE EATS! GET OVER IT! If the old owners of RDWY were so people friendly why don't someone just ask them. Because it was about the money. Money talks and BS walks!

Very true, thats something this country needs to realize, why import inferior garbage? "Made in China" or "Hecho en Mexico", will never hold anything compared to "Made in America"!

Its evidenced in the problems their having with milk in China, toxins in toothpaste, and even the paint/coatings on Chinese made toys...I live in the South and its pretty sad to see all the closed down textile plants and other manufacturing facilities that transformed many communities from strictly agricultural to industrial...only to be relocated south of the border or across the world.