Central Transport | Rob Stamper will be @ Det. Friday for a meeting.

Very nice guy. A lot of good offered. Dovetailed. Pay increase for me. Some drawbacks, but better than being unemployed. Good luck to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Meeting was very productive, gave me some answers I really needed. and also raised some other concerns.

i'm wrong and you're right train. the only reason i can come up with why they're dovetailing is because we have so many drivers with 10yrs+ safety records, must help them with insurance and csa ratings because they're going to upset current c.t. drivers. seems linehaul drivers get short end of the stick from what i've been hearing, as far as pay. guess if their deal is better than c.t. flat rate, they get their deal, but if flat rate is more they get that. alot of them were frozen and no talks of bumping them like some p&d drivers. if anyone was in one of these meetings please elaborate on what's going on.

They want to get this done by 12.14.13. We are going to take our trucks, trailers and freight to the Detroit ( Delray ) terminal and they will shuttle us back to our old terminal to get our vehicles at the end of the day. The following day we will report to our new terminal in the am. Running our Vitran equipment. Example: if 2 CT drivers run a route in Warren and 2 Vitran drivers are running the Warren routes, they are going to continue with 4 drivers in that area working to service their respected customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm wrong and you're right train. the only reason i can come up with why they're dovetailing is because we have so many drivers with 10yrs+ safety records, must help them with insurance and csa ratings because they're going to upset current c.t. drivers. seems linehaul drivers get short end of the stick from what i've been hearing, as far as pay. guess if their deal is better than c.t. flat rate, they get their deal, but if flat rate is more they get that. alot of them were frozen and no talks of bumping them like some p&d drivers. if anyone was in one of these meetings please elaborate on what's going on.
one would think there would be overstaffing with the combination of the 2 terminals

All of your past sins are forgiven. No bumping ct drivers, we are going to add more p&d routes to similar routes. They do their stuff and we do ours. Similar stops will be reconsidered.

Pitt garage to be used to refurbish equip. They want to be sure that tractors and trailers are not older than 10 yrs. Assigned tractors?