Yellow | RTW Law Repealed By Michigan Senate!

There are no protections or benefits of being a Teamster.
:crybaby::crybaby: It's mesters such as yourself that perpetuate that fallacy. I am a 40+ year retired Teamster whose comfortable AND financially secure life is due entirely to the Teamsters. Both my pension and my Social Security are significantly larger than the average nonunion worker. The Teamsters are why.

:crybaby::crybaby: It's mesters such as yourself that perpetuate that fallacy. I am a 40+ year retired Teamster whose comfortable AND financially secure life is due entirely to the Teamsters. Both my pension and my Social Security are significantly larger than the average nonunion worker. The Teamsters are why.
Wrong but ok

There are no protections or benefits of being a Teamster.
Organized labor has been responsible for getting on the job safety laws passed that has saved countless lives & injuries. The pay & benefits paid by non union freight lines are the result of organizing efforts of the Teamsters. Do you really think the workers at the non's would be compensated as well if not for the Teamsters?

Organized labor has been responsible for getting on the job safety laws passed that has saved countless lives & injuries. The pay & benefits paid by non union freight lines are the result of organizing efforts of the Teamsters. Do you really think the workers at the non's would be compensated as well if not for the Teamsters?
Right with you there- and the main thing that everyone should understand is that “ Right to Work “ laws have nothing to do with protecting your right to work- they are only there to reduce the amount of protection you have if you belong to a union. If you are in a union job, but you aren’t required to pay dues, your union officials won’t have the resources to represent you the way that you need them to. That’s why “ Right to Work “ is usually called “ Right to Work for Less “.

Right with you there- and the main thing that everyone should understand is that “ Right to Work “ laws have nothing to do with protecting your right to work- they are only there to reduce the amount of protection you have if you belong to a union. If you are in a union job, but you aren’t required to pay dues, your union officials won’t have the resources to represent you the way that you need them to. That’s why “ Right to Work “ is usually called “ Right to Work for Less “.
I had a friend who was a steward in a manufacturing plant in LR which is in a "Right to work for less" state. She said several workers there would not join nor pay dues. She did get two women back to work who were not members of the union, I think it was associated with the Machinist Union. She asked them to join but they said they knew their rights & there was nothing that reqired them to join & she still had to represent them. She said you are correct but there is nothing in that law that requires me to get your job back next time.

I wish some of these doubters could have seen the working conditions when I started in 55.
The Teamsters were already improving them then.
I've seen a dock worker put in a 12 hr day, go home, and be called back to work a late-arrived trailer.
If he only worked 1 hr that's all he was paid.
Dispatchers gave their friends or in-laws the better-paying trips, seniority was just a word.

I wish some of these doubters could have seen the working conditions when I started in 55.
The Teamsters were already improving them then.
I've seen a dock worker put in a 12 hr day, go home, and be called back to work a late-arrived trailer.
If he only worked 1 hr that's all he was paid.
Dispatchers gave their friends or in-laws the better-paying trips, seniority was just a word.
and it's still that way today

and it's still that way today
I cannot speak to the current situation or culture. But, to my knowledge, it has largely remained that same way. As you suggest. There was a dispatcher that was also a licensed insurance agent. I know this will come as a shock, but the customers of his outside business seemed to get better runs.