ODFL | Rumor control

Ravens52EngLt

TB Lurker
Credits
Made a pick-up today and the customer told me that one of the salesmen told him that DHL was looking into buying OD. I was wondering if anyone else had heard the same thing. NOT TRYING TO START ANY KIND OF RUMOR!!!!! Thanks

DHL needs to profitable in the package sector and build a larger customer base first.The rumor about DHL varies from ABF,ESTES,OD,CON-WAY,SAIA and maybe even a few smaller ones.They have the money to buy pretty much anyone as long as they will sell.If they wanted a carrier right now they would have one,so it is still just a rumor. anybody here really want a German company as a parent though.

dmtorl said:
DHL needs to profitable in the package sector and build a larger customer base first.The rumor about DHL varies from ABF,ESTES,OD,CON-WAY,SAIA and maybe even a few smaller ones.They have the money to buy pretty much anyone as long as they will sell.If they wanted a carrier right now they would have one,so it is still just a rumor. anybody here really want a German company as a parent though.

Good post 100%

He or she probably heard from one of the other ltl companies delivering to him as a way to suggest to not to ship with OD

I would say if you did a search using DHL you would find a post in every company's forum saying that DHL was buying them.