FedEx Freight | Rumor Heard Through the Fence.

JimmyB

TB Lurker
Credits
Tonight, here in Sparks, NV heard a rumor to the effect that because of a filing error by someone at FedEx the company now has only 5 federally qualified triples drivers in the entire system. I'm a Yellow Freight P&D driver, heard this from our hostler. The FedEx yard is next to Yellow's yard, the hostler was out checking the doors of a trailer and stopped to visit with a couple of FedEx drivers through the fence. They told him about this snafu, although earlier in the day out on I-80 I did see one westbound triples set, but saw none leave in the evening or come into the yard (lots of eastbound doubles). Any truth to this rumor? Sounds kind of fishy to me.

Jimmy B

JimmyB said:
Tonight, here in Sparks, NV heard a rumor to the effect that because of a filing error by someone at FedEx the company now has only 5 federally qualified triples drivers in the entire system. I'm a Yellow Freight P&D driver, heard this from our hostler. The FedEx yard is next to Yellow's yard, the hostler was out checking the doors of a trailer and stopped to visit with a couple of FedEx drivers through the fence. They told him about this snafu, although earlier in the day out on I-80 I did see one westbound triples set, but saw none leave in the evening or come into the yard (lots of eastbound doubles). Any truth to this rumor? Sounds kind of fishy to me.

Jimmy B
You must be talking about Ground, Here at Fedex Freight in Toledo we have 6 Qualified drivers that run at night to Chicago

It is not a rumor, it is also only partly true. And part of what is true is very muddy. The first we heard of this was on Monday this week. Supposedly the paper work to grandfather in all the drivers with triples experience was lost. This was from the Driver Trainer in Sacramento. Then we heard that is was not lost at all just that the head of the Safety Department for FXFW wanted to put us all throught the training for triples for some reason that has not been shared with us. At this point we are still able to pull triples and are unsure of just exactly what our status is. When I have a more definitive answer I will be posting it.

Momoney said:
You must be talking about Ground, Here at Fedex Freight in Toledo we have 6 Qualified drivers that run at night to Chicago

I am one of them I was off thurs and friday but pulled them wadnesday night and heard nothing like that