Yellow | rumor just a rumor

blue trucker

TB Lurker
Credits
This is just a rumor I heard from my TM that use to work as a tm for yellow(WE BOTH WORK FOR UPS FREIGHT).He told us that his old freinds that are still working at yellow said that yellow will close roadway after thanksgiving for 30 day and yellow will take over roadway customers.I hope this is bull s**t

in order to start a successful rumor you need to have a couple of things.

one is a somewhat credible source, not a disgruntled former employee.

another is a half truth.

all this has to be mixed into a framework that is plausible to 7 year old minds.

a good example of successful rumor manufacturing is the story of chicken little.

try this one on for size;

ups is going to pull out their checkbook after the first of the year and buy YRCW (they want to put it on next yer's books).

then, they are going to merge all the operations into one ups freight company and all union employees are going to dovetail.

subsequently, they are going to discount freight by 90% for 6 months in all regional lanes and kill fedex freight and conway.

take the above rumor apart.

ups has a check book.

all union employees dovetail.

even though fedex and conway are nationwide they primarly only haul regional freight.

see how simple that was?

no go to kroger's and buy some sugar free koolaid and some splenda and follow the instructions carefully.

if you don't like the aftertaste, crystal light is an ok substitute.