Yellow | Rumor?

remo williams

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone heard this?
This has been going around for the last few weeks here in NH. The rumor is that both the Yellow and Roadway terminals in N.Reading will move their operation into the New Penn terminal in Billerica MA. and New Penn will move into one of the N.Reading terminals.Also some southern NH.freight will be diverted to Billerica and the mid and northern NH area will be run out of Yellow Bedford.
Anyone?:smilie_132:

Has anyone heard this?
This has been going around for the last few weeks here in NH. The rumor is that both the Yellow and Roadway terminals in N.Reading will move their operation into the New Penn terminal in Billerica MA. and New Penn will move into one of the N.Reading terminals.Also some southern NH.freight will be diverted to Billerica and the mid and northern NH area will be run out of Yellow Bedford.
Anyone?:smilie_132:

I am not sure how true it is, but all I heard was that New Penn was going to be closing their ANY terminal and they then would be moving in with Roadway. Thats about all I heard... :shrug:

Remo,
I'm not sure about your particular question but look for much more of the type of thing you describe going on everywhere.

The plan we are hearing for the next 15 months is to combine or close 150 terminals within that time frame. Smid just put out a memo that he was wanted to accelerate that process. The are going to go from small to large with the DC's being the last, but we will see that just like Columbus

I am not sure how true it is, but all I heard was that New Penn was going to be closing their ANY terminal and they then would be moving in with Roadway. Thats about all I heard... :shrug:

Don't know how it is now but I ran bid to Albany (104) Roadway just a short 2 1/2 years ago. Those guys had no room to move on their dock or in their yard. Things may have changed, but it's a small terminal.

i have worked in both terminals(billerica,n.reading,) the volme of frieght that new penn was doing in n. billerica , when i was there would be to much for either terminal in n. reading , but you never know whats up there sleeve

i have worked in both terminals(billerica,n.reading,) the volme of frieght that new penn was doing in n. billerica , when i was there would be to much for either terminal in n. reading , but you never know whats up there sleeve

Thanks Kenmax,This was told by a New Penn driver to a supervisor, and now it`s taken a life of it`s own, as all rumors do.:smilie_132:

What i heard was that Yellow/Roadway are going to take the Cumberland R.I(a 98 door terminal) that New Penn moved into sometime ago (former Red Star) and relocate them back into Cranston where they once were.That's going to be one hell of a juggling act.I think some of Roadways Brockton work may also end up there and the balance going to Yellows Abbington terminal.Did you get all that?Good!Now i need a beer!

What

Moparman. I always knew the boys that run akron start more rumors than anyone.
Who did you hear that one from (p.j.):hysterical:

What i heard was that Yellow/Roadway are going to take the Cumberland R.I(a 98 door terminal) that New Penn moved into sometime ago (former Red Star) and relocate them back into Cranston where they once were.That's going to be one hell of a juggling act.I think some of Roadways Brockton work may also end up there and the balance going to Yellows Abbington terminal.Did you get all that?Good!Now i need a beer!

If this was true :hide:Teamster 251 would have broken the news weeks ago:funky:I don't think there going to mess with Newpenn. It is a cash machine :funky:

There are 2 companies in the North East... New Penn and Duie Pyle... can anyone else afford to turn away frieght? The rest of us juggle the balance and that's a fact.

There are 2 companies in the North East... New Penn and Duie Pyle... can anyone else afford to turn away frieght? The rest of us juggle the balance and that's a fact.

I do not think that Pyle and New Penn are the big ones any more. Thought good, there are just too many others in the market: FedEx, Estes, LandAir, Teals, Howard's, NEMF, R+....need i continue.

Hope I understood your post correctly?!

I do not think that Pyle and New Penn are the big ones any more. Thought good, there are just too many others in the market: FedEx, Estes, LandAir, Teals, Howard's, NEMF, R+....need i continue.

Land Air,Teals, Howards,Their not even in the same class,and as far as Howards goes I thought they closed up ,bought up by some upstate carrier Rist I believe it was.Maybe you ought to do your homework:chairshot:

Central Transport

Maybe not in the same class, but are handling much more freight than many think. Landair is starting to pull more freight (dirt cheap) all over the US through the Reliance network of carriers. I don't like it, but it is a fact. What I am saying it that New Penn and Pyle do not have the lion's share of the business.

i'll bet you all that yellow or roadway or anyone else isn't moveing into our terminals or that we are moveing out of them. we have started to install electrafied fences that will be driver operated at up-state terminals when they are dark. that would require special traing for y/r drivers to operate , and it isn't in your budget this year.

What is the need for the electrified fences? Not sure why you would want the expense and cost.........maybe there are theft and vandalism problems. Security is a big push and plus for me, but electrified?