Estes | rumors of employees jumping ship to Old Dominion?

F

Flatire

Been hearing several drivers of more from Westmiddlesex, Dallas and Houston jumped ship?

Been hearing several drivers of more from Westmiddlesex, Dallas and Houston jumped ship?

I know that's been going on DAL for some time now.. None have returned.. Heard that Joe C. told them if they wanted to leave and go to OD, then he wouldn't blame them at all.. I was time to recycle anyway.. I laughed my butt off.. That why I always said, if Rob knew half of what his leaders out in field tell their workers, there would be heads rollin'... Or, maybe he doesn't mind at all, who knows...

I know I am glad I left, my next 13 years will mean something now, I dont have to worry about them taking away from this category and puttin more on the other. I should have been here 13 years ago though, at the bottom but doing good the stress of wondering what tommorow will bring is gone. And what happened to all the other guys at Big E that got screwed because of there seniority policy. I am one driver that thinks of what happens to others not just myself.

Why would anyone want to leave this place? We got a race truck! Ole D doesn't have one of those!

Yeah, that free freight for NASCAR will be the deciding factor on raises at the first of the year.. How trucks has that kid torn up already, three.. 3 at 1,5 million per truck, man, that's a pretty nice raise... Remember, R&L had the same agreement, and the whole time they were with NASCAR, those guys never got an increase... Anyway, why should I be concerned...LOL

I know I am glad I left, my next 13 years will mean something now, I dont have to worry about them taking away from this category and puttin more on the other. I should have been here 13 years ago though, at the bottom but doing good the stress of wondering what tommorow will bring is gone. And what happened to all the other guys at Big E that got screwed because of there seniority policy. I am one driver that thinks of what happens to others not just myself.

I'm glad your gone too. I don't have to listen to your crying anymore. I hope you don't start crying when it doesn't go your way there

The best thing to me about working here is the laid back atmosphere. I'd be fired at one of these other companies that expected something out of you, such as being organized, having an ink pen handy, proper uniform, being on time, driving record, knowing how to operate a forklift, handtruck, pallet jack, chew gum andwalk etc.

I wish OD would come in here... Give this stagnant market here a shot in the arm.. Make Estes, Saia,FedEx and Conway stand up and take notice.. It's good for the business to have new blood...

ANYplace would beat Estes Express as an employer! Not sour grapes, just an educated observation. There are no real truckers in charge anymore.

ANYplace would beat Estes Express as an employer! Not sour grapes, just an educated observation. There are no real truckers in charge anymore.

That's cause the drivers of today are programmable... They want to be told what to do and not to do... Kinda glad I'm sitting back watching now, to see something I help create for 30 years, go down so fast...

And I know I'm not alone...

Good luck Mav, I just wish I would have left about 6 years ago when the Old Man died and things started going down hill, but sure am alot happier now.

Damn,some of you guys talk like E is a bottom of the barrel company.Ive worked for other "prominent" Ltl companies in the past several years and believe me,it could be alot worse.Im not saying its perfect but tell me one that is.I started here 2 1/2 years ago and have gotten 2 COL raises(with no major ins increases).Trucks are currently being upgraded,which is probably overdue and their are pricks you have to deal with but that is anywhere you go.Trucking as a whole has dramatically changed over the last 10 years and E has not been exempted from the change.I wish all the guys seeking a different employer nothing but the best,but if you're looking for the perfect trucking job,good luck in your quest.

Damn,some of you guys talk like E is a bottom of the barrel company.Ive worked for other "prominent" Ltl companies in the past several years and believe me,it could be alot worse.Im not saying its perfect but tell me one that is.I started here 2 1/2 years ago and have gotten 2 COL raises(with no major ins increases).Trucks are currently being upgraded,which is probably overdue and their are pricks you have to deal with but that is anywhere you go.Trucking as a whole has dramatically changed over the last 10 years and E has not been exempted from the change.I wish all the guys seeking a different employer nothing but the best,but if you're looking for the perfect trucking job,good luck in your quest.

I didn't semi-retire to find someone else to drive for.. I got all the jackets and hats for that one..I've had 3 driving jobs in 30 years,2 of which were in LTL...The city drivers are starting to hear things like "You guys use to care".. "You guys are never on time anymore".. And "Why can't we talk to the Terminal Manager anymore"... Estes has changed, but not necessarily for the best... You lose your customer's confidence, you lose all the way around.. As a linehaul driver, you don't see that, you hear it, but you very rarely ever see it... That's why you sometimes walk around with a WTH look on your face sometimes... The scariest things in this business is, the things you don't see... I haven't lost contact with the folks at my old barn.. He is and will continue to be a great friend.. But the others aren't as confident about the direction Estes has turned..

And I know you weren't pointing your finger at me, but you probably could have and I would have understood.....

I just think most of the drivers that ***** and moan the most,would do it no matter where they work..Im not saying E is the best but I dont think its as bad as some say.Matter of a fact,I know it isnt....The entire industry has changed.Some drivers that have been at the same company for 10+ years dont seem to realize that.