FedEx Freight | Rumors of layoffs on Channel 4 news

moonshiner4000

TB Lurker
Credits
Skip was blasting around the southeast today. We were hearing drivers talking about layoffs announced at several terminals. I'm curious if there are any hard facts about these layoffs.

They aren't rumors. Got to work today to find out about it. They are keeping it under lock and key about how many people are going to be affected.

They aren't rumors. Got to work today to find out about it. They are keeping it under lock and key about how many people are going to be affected.

One of the rumors on skip said 20 were being laid off at one terminal, I'm not going to repeat which terminal. Not sounding good. I also noticed yrcw closed at an all time low 1.24.

One of the rumors on skip said 20 were being laid off at one terminal, I'm not going to repeat which terminal. Not sounding good. I also noticed yrcw closed at an all time low 1.24.

Just curios what does YRCW's stock have anything to do with your layoffs?????????? Just another jab at YRCW:nutkick: But thanks for your concern:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Just curios what does YRCW's stock have anything to do with your layoffs?????????? Just another jab at YRCW:nutkick: But thanks for your concern:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Not a jab by any means, just a fact that everyone is in a bind. The fact that you took it as a jab, might say something. I would think the yrc drivers are concerned about plunge of stock prices.

STL is giving up all non cdl dock being moved to part time 7 or 8 road drivers coming back to bottom of city board. When will this nightmare end!

IND just brought back 3 or 4 layedoff city drivers as part time drivers. Have not heard of any layoffs at our house.

soon all these ltl companies that are hauling the freight at a said 90% discount will be in trouble also,i just hope its not to late and we will all be lookin for a new job soon.

Lay Off

8 Road drivers in SGF 5 can go to KC and 1 to Wichita 2 have no choice Maybe to the supm. dock
My feelings are that SGF will be down to about 15 to 25 road drivers with in a year or so.:ranting2:
I believe we have lost 47 or 48 drivers or there about in SGF in about 12 to 18 months (103-105 to 55)

We, the grunts, being dock, city or linehaul, are being thrown to the wolves so the suits, who are scared that they may be found to just sucking money for no good reason, can keep their job! When this does turn around, and it will, then they will run around like a chicken with no head trying to hire the ones they let go. One center is doing away with a road position, even though they are using city drivers to cover the overflow. My guess is that it is either so many blue collar gone, or their position is up for evaluation. Or as Mr. R said on the milemarker,"18-20% of workers spew bad vibes, and need to go work somewhere else" Its to bad that the reason the bad vibes occur is because they treat us like redheaded stepchildren. My rant is over, I hope the best for all affected. It will get better, just hang on guys and gals. :clap:

guys guys guys

We didn't "lose" anyone! No one was "laid off" or "fired". They have the opportunity to uproot their lives and transfer (follow the freight) or face being "rebalanced".

That's much better than losing your job. It sounds so much better.

hairbear, really sorry to hear about your situation. Actually, it makes me sick to my stomach. Guys I've worked with for years are getting screwed hard.

I really wish bad things upon those making these decisions. Because I don't think it has ANYTHING to do with business levels. This is all about getting themselves adjusted for
when certain legislation may pass. They wouldn't dare do this in a robust economy because they would have no one left to move the freight. When the economy gets better,
I think they are going to have trouble retaining people. I certainly hope so. SOB's.

Shoot boys dont worry . You lose your job obama will take care of you they have plenty of coffens stacked up all across america at the fema stations just waiting on you. Lmao