R&L | Run Bids

playsinmud

TB Lurker
Credits
Can anyone fill me in on how this works at other terminals?

We have had runs come up with out bid sheets. Our drivers that have been here since terminal opened said that he is required to post a bid sheet for set runs. T/M is just "assigning" a driver that fits his needs.

I've go more time in than several drivers with set runs and I'm told my bid is a floater eventhough I've asked for a set run several times that new drivers have gotten.

I don't want to start issues here just checking....

Did you bid as a floater? If you did you have complete a year on that bid before you can bid on anything else. The terminals I go to including mine will post a new or open bid for 3 days and anyone except for those within their first year of a bid can sign it.

No I did not bid as a floater. I've been very polite about requesting the other runs. I've never questioned not seeing bid sheets but it's been two years now and their are 5 guys under me with set "good" runs and I'm still floating....

I thought the TM had to go three rounds with bids, then anything after that he can just assign to whoever he pleases. I don't know if that is every year, or whenever bids come up or what (sure it's meant to be a gray area).

I thought the TM had to go three rounds with bids, then anything after that he can just assign to whoever he pleases. I don't know if that is every year, or whenever bids come up or what (sure it's meant to be a gray area).

It's not every year at my terminal.
Once you're on a set run, it's yours until you don't want it anymore. Been on mine for over 4 years now.
We've got a daytime run up for bid now, the senior driver will get it and it's his for 1 year or until he wants off it. That's how it's supposed to be according to the employee manual anyway. :smilie_132:

It is getting old having new guys land the city runs and I'm still getting bumped into what ever run they feel like putting me in that day.

It is getting old having new guys land the city runs and I'm still getting bumped into what ever run they feel like putting me in that day.

If you do whatever they say, and you never queston them, they will do you this way!!! You cannot be to passive, or they will take advantage of you. Another thing, if you always get the job done, no matter where they put you, they will continue to do you this way:hide: I know some drivers get set runs because they cannot handle going differe:smilie_132: nt places everyday, and the man that goes wherever and gets the job done gets the shaft.

If you do whatever they say, and you never queston them, they will do you this way!!! You cannot be to passive, or they will take advantage of you. Another thing, if you always get the job done, no matter where they put you, they will continue to do you this way:hide: I know some drivers get set runs because they cannot handle going differe:smilie_132: nt places everyday, and the man that goes wherever and gets the job done gets the shaft.
WOW i actually agree with ya on that one braceface..... We have guys that run as fast as they can thinking they will work their way up the ladder:biglaugh: laughing all the way.... But when they do get around to bidding runs guess whos laughing then:1036316054: ......

Well said. Should be a R+L secret driver commandment or something:biglaugh:

Ask to see the signed bid sheet if the bid is not in writing it never happened. Found that out the hard way when new bids came out and, the the Driver I thought was on a bid run did not sign anything and is now on the best run out of the terminal.:nutkick:

bids

Terminal Manager Rules :chairshot: you guys dont know that..If his numbers are right on Coporate could care less what he does..:hysterical: Gives the runs or stacks the deck to please his:toxic:

Triplethreat

Yes I do know that is the way it works. When you call Robbie and Jeff and get the information directly from the owner and the V P of human resorces. After several conference calls between them and our TM, the other driver and myself, the bid must be in writing or it does not exist and all new bids must be posted for all to sign. The most senior driver gets the bid. If your terminal manager does not understand this then you simply need to call willmington and they will staighten your TM out. My TM was full of him self and is no longer here:1036316054:

Playsinmud, Did they start bidding everything out yet? If you're running outta the terminal I think you are... I hear it's going to happen soon.