TForce | Run by morons

Cookiecutter

TB Lurker
Credits
I was at a terminal the other night and this js the problem with management So they want you to go threw mirror checks everyday problem is where some of the mirror checks are the trailers sit over the site line for the check .Drivers complain cant safely maneuver into told move trailers the individual did that then one of the useless supervisor trying to justify there job in a terminal that use to have 3 times the outbound it does now with one supervisor told you can still park trailers after told to move try to explain that depending on tandem nose will be in site therefor rendering station useless then gets a bunch of ::shit:: from that sup that told the other sup they needed moved .Then another terminal i was told individual takes initiative goes out cones up vest all practices aprons are a pig style junk everywhere cleans them then got a bunch of ::shit:: for doing it and was told we pay vendors to do that any reason why nobody gives a f**k around here

I simply quit places like that.

10 suits obsessing over a stupid mirror when the airbag and ::shit:: is hanging in tatters off the rig.

Long ago when I was new to trucking I used to occasionally break the old west coast style mirrors. Those were 20 bucks plus dinner to the aggrieved party. No problem.

Eventually I quit breaking them. No problem.

The new fangled mirrors I simply dont give a tinkers damn.

I was at a terminal the other night and this js the problem with management So they want you to go threw mirror checks everyday problem is where some of the mirror checks are the trailers sit over the site line for the check .Drivers complain cant safely maneuver into told move trailers the individual did that then one of the useless supervisor trying to justify there job in a terminal that use to have 3 times the outbound it does now with one supervisor told you can still park trailers after told to move try to explain that depending on tandem nose will be in site therefor rendering station useless then gets a bunch of **** from that sup that told the other sup they needed moved .Then another terminal i was told individual takes initiative goes out cones up vest all practices aprons are a pig style junk everywhere cleans them then got a bunch of **** for doing it and was told we pay vendors to do that any reason why nobody gives a f**k around here
What’s the supervisors position if the tractor has no mirrors? I run into that a lot.

What’s the supervisors position if the tractor has no mirrors? I run into that a lot.
I was at a terminal the other night and this js the problem with management So they want you to go threw mirror checks everyday problem is where some of the mirror checks are the trailers sit over the site line for the check .Drivers complain cant safely maneuver into told move trailers the individual did that then one of the useless supervisor trying to justify there job in a terminal that use to have 3 times the outbound it does now with one supervisor told you can still park trailers after told to move try to explain that depending on tandem nose will be in site therefor rendering station useless then gets a bunch of **** from that sup that told the other sup they needed moved .Then another terminal i was told individual takes initiative goes out cones up vest all practices aprons are a pig style junk everywhere cleans them then got a bunch of **** for doing it and was told we pay vendors to do that any reason why nobody gives a f**k around here
What is a mirror check?

Oh god. They can take their mirrors and shove it.

I refuse to work for employers who waste time and effort on that ::shit::.

In addition to the normal two mirrors on the cab, I require two round ones ahead of the steer. Not square, rectangle or any of that modern crap. Old Iron Round convex mirrors.

One mirror above pax window looking straight down.

And thats it. There are no blind spots around the truck.

Oh god. They can take their mirrors and shove it.

I refuse to work for employers who waste time and effort on that ****.

In addition to the normal two mirrors on the cab, I require two round ones ahead of the steer. Not square, rectangle or any of that modern crap. Old Iron Round convex mirrors.

One mirror above pax window looking straight down.

And thats it. There are no blind spots around the truck.
You need a fender mirror to watch the flame rolling out of the B model.
Can't drive without that!

You need a fender mirror to watch the flame rolling out of the B model.
Can't drive without that!
Another thing i heard is in york pa terminal they are going to be paid for storing up to 50 53ft trailers for another company that yard isnt big enough for that many 53's on top of what is there to maintain their operation wonder how they are going to be able to move around that yard back in doors and so forth I have heard they are leasing space in terminals out and yard space at terminals and selling others how do they expect to grow a company essentially choking themselves out

Another thing i heard is in york pa terminal they are going to be paid for storing up to 50 53ft trailers for another company that yard isnt big enough for that many 53's on top of what is there to maintain their operation wonder how they are going to be able to move around that yard back in doors and so forth I have heard they are leasing space in terminals out and yard space at terminals and selling others how do they expect to grow a company essentially choking themselves out
Long as you're on the clock who gives a shxt

Long as you're on the clock who gives a shxt
Your right about that. But the way things are going cutting runs left and right wether city or road no new trucks or trailers selling trailers even vans when we are supposedly converting to all van fleet ,service is terrible we run freight 800 plus miles the wrong way as anybody working the dock can see on their hand held , city guys cant get 8 hrs this looks like a company going under i wouldnt advise anyone to come here especially going into a contract year they dont even pay their sign on i have heard from the new hires that stuck around without having to fight for it .Management hasnt changed still ups run minded toxic work environment culture.

Well Mirrors are the future of trucking , Patel is testing these new 360 view mirrors now !
363f37363bb6c05080fe985ccccce16a.jpg

I can spend hours cleaning those mirrors. And have.

DM Bowman used to send us flatbedders axle deep into mud. Sploosh all over the mirror. Takes a whole bucket of windex and half a roll of shop towels to clear them off.

never mind the rest of the axle deep mud covering the entire steer and half the cab all the way up to the intake on the front.

I think back that far in years and remember some of the questions from Safety who sees me pull in with a mud ball to park in the yard for the night a inch thick all over the truck. Ask me where the hell have you been with my truck?

Never mind that boss. See the Mirrors are perfect. As far where the truck has been, tell it to dispatch they are the ones who wanted that blessed gary brick sent there by the truckload. It was a mud hole.

They had people come and mobile wash the trucks overnight. By morning mud is gone. More cleaning of the spots off the mirrors. It was nice to have people take care of the work.

What is a mirror check?
That's somebody's big money idea that their hoping to sell to every company in the nation.
He makes money. The safety departments buy it to make themselves look smart.
Everybody gets money but us.
And we have to waste our unlimited time memorizing stupid little sayings to pass tests to keep them all working.
Useless.....but a nice racket for those who want jobs at big companies who can't afford them. Makes it look like the companies are doing something.
The great Smith System....
Nobody can drive a truck without it.
Must be created by a Rothchild...the companies love it so much....We will buy it Mr Rothchild sir.
Don't forget we bought your Smith System

They are....running up bills to use against us at contract time.

Ah yes the Smith System.

Striving to prevent deaths and injury. They are a little late to the party. Why do I say this?

JBH was the one that put me through the SS in orientation. In short stick me in a Minivan with 7 picky truckers and a really over the top instructor running around north little rock while picking apart my driving. Essentially 8 back seat drivers waiting for me to make a oops. Just being in one lane instead of the other generated a half hour of pain.

Spare me. I parroted what I need to and they think I am trained in SS. HA....

Real world trucking has had moments where entire carloads of people were going to die or be mashed horribly in a few moments prior to impact with my 18 wheeler in situations that are long past being preventable.

Its up to me to fix it. I got maybe 8 seconds. If that.

JBH can have the SS. Tell everyone how great the system is. But you will never have stories come out of there like I tell them when a car load of teens drinking and drunk almost has a head on with me at 60+ on my 40 Ton steel beam load in my own lane.

The only thing that saved them? 10 seconds warning from my number one, Rubber Ducky up ahead on my old radio. And Im deaf. So... it was a timely warning. If there was none of that or the radio was off 7 people would have died in the whole mess.

They can keep the SS. I'll favor the 10 seconds to work with. Just enough time to fix it.

I kept the old Uniden. It is a memory item now. Just to hold it and examine it calls back so many incidents in which life and death would have been decided very shortly.