Yellow | Safety Belts on Forklifts

Looks as if You must wear a safety belt at all times when on forklift. Is this just local managment thing ?

Gotta be just for your barn, because here at LCP we do not and would be stunned if this was ever put in place. Finally, if this was made part of policy it would only be for the ones with the lowest BPH's. In general, their very selective in who gets the pinky here... :hysterical:

Perhaps someone else maybe able to share more on this issue.... :shrug:

Gotta be just for your barn, because here at LCP we do not and would be stunned if this was ever put in place. Finally, if this was made part of policy it would only be for the ones with the lowest BPH's. :hysterical:

Perhaps someone else maybe able to share more on this issue.... :shrug:
3 different barns at rdwy it has been company policy. So I would not suggest it is a local thing. Something to justify the safety mans job while not following drivers. :nutkick:

Not in CNC either.This issue was brought up before but went away quickly when they realized that their precisious BPH would get hurt.

Buckle Up Wharf Rats!

The "Standard Safety Rules" for "Forklift Operation" were originally issued at our barn on 02/24/1999. The revision date was on 05/06/2008. Rule number 7.6 states "The forklift operator MUST wear the seatbelt at all times while operating the forklift.":chairshot:

The "Standard Safety Rules" for "Forklift Operation" were originally issued at our barn on 02/24/1999. The revision date was on 05/06/2008. Rule number 7.6 states "The forklift operator MUST wear the seatbelt at all times while operating the forklift.":chairshot:

Has this ever been enforced? If so, how often?

Not really enforced, but we think they are going to start! They probably are more worried about the "production" and will look the other way for now!

Sounds like just another letter for those who are not on the "A" list. Get enough letters, bye bye!!!!

Every time man came on the dock it was enforced, then he went back into the office. :biglaugh: Seen guys get the verbal, seatbelt would be fastened, end of story. Never seen a letter and never anything in the file. My experience is don't make a federal case out of it they won't either, and I never was on any A list. Another place another time things may be different tho.

It has been in place at Roadway Stroudsburg for about 5 years or so. It all depends on who you are about enforcement. But guys have served time in the street for it.

seat belts on tow motors starting Monday 6-2-08

Nashville, TN Shop parts man (union) told me today that seat belts will be worn starting 6-2-08 (Monday). Shop already is enforcing. Ordered extras as they no some will be cut off. :chairshot: Shop also has already rebid for coo??? more night bids and took away some 10 hour one and replaced with 8 hour. Like other terminals all is speculation about what is to happen on Dock and yard but expect less daylight bids and less 10 hour bids. expect major displeasure with company any reactions will be costly.

It is kind of ironic that I seen this thread. At our terminal, which is a Holland terminal, we had a safety meeting today and were told there will be total enforcement of the seatbelt policy. Everyone wore one tonight, not a big deal to me it just takes time to fasten, for us fat guys!!!

They have been enforcing seatbelts at Roadway Kansas City for about 5 years now. It comes from an injury somewhere in the Roadway system. An operator was entering a trailer with his forks too low. The forks hooked the dock plate and the operator flew out of his seat and into the mast.

At Holland indy term we have had sporadic enforcement in the past but recently have seen a major increase in enforcement. I noticed my loader this morning fasten his seatbelt which was unusual and I asked him about it and he said they have been sending guys to the office for not wearing them. Don't know if this is for a letter or the face to face thing or what but it's working.

Don't get me wrong , i don't like wearing the saffty belt in the car let alone in a forklift yet !! When i worked at Preston in York about a year before Old Yeller took over they were inforcing then as an OSHA rule. Yes if i remember correctly they even gave out letters then for not wearing the safftybelt on the forklift.

Lancaster Distribution Center - Yellow Freight

At Lancaster (LCP) they would put cocaine and speed in the vending machines if they knew they could get away with it. If you ran 10 bph on a daily basis for them you could run a guy over 3 times in a row and they'd fault the guy who got ran over for trying to organize a slow-down. :order:

bills_logo.jpg