New Penn | safety

newpenn22

TB Regular
Credits
When new penn started the big safety campaign last year I knew it would cause a riff between drivers. Mgmt isn't stupid, if they can create safety committees that involves drivers and mgmt working together in the name of safety you know there will be issues. Don't you think that mgmt is asking the drivers that are on these so called safety committees to rat out your fellow driver in the name of safety?

I believe it's happening on a regular basis therefore causing a trust issue between drivers and the drivers that are on the safety "rat" committee. Mgmt is loving this, and they will be using the safety committee as a divide and conquer tactic.

New penn needs to provide better training then watching a couple videos. I believe they should be sent to a new penn company oriented school for a week and learn the job the employee was hired for with an instructor that is proficent in the job. Maybe one day mgmt will provide better training to our future drivers therefore producing better safety records.

When they provide equipment that is not being towed back in everyday then they can talk about safety. Seems they only want safety as long as it don't cost anything.

Run the men who built this company out the door! Get It? New guys are cheaper mentality!! Use 3 points to get in and out of the truck. But deliver that backyard play set yourself. Slide that fridge down a metal ramp yourself. Sit on the shoulder of a highly traveled highway in the dark till they get the cheapest help for you. BUT be safe doing it. HaHa Safety

New penn needs to provide better training then watching a couple videos. I believe they should be sent to a new penn company oriented school for a week and learn the job the employee was hired for with an instructor that is proficent in the job. Maybe one day mgmt will provide better training to our future drivers therefore producing better safety records.
Not only New Penn but all of them do. Our jobs are dangerous to our bodies. Not that we're trying to push a bulldozer by ourselves but we are trying to leverage refrigerators out the door, twist, push and pull to get that 20' long box of tubing in or out of the truck, extending our bodies beyond designed limits to get stuff in and out of our trailers. All of these little things can result in a career ending injury for all of us. BUT instead of educating and encouraging us not to do these things they push, push, push us to do all of them in the name of moving the freight.

And yes, safety is the word as long as there is no direct cost associated with it.

Not only New Penn but all of them do. Our jobs are dangerous to our bodies. Not that we're trying to push a bulldozer by ourselves but we are trying to leverage refrigerators out the door, twist, push and pull to get that 20' long box of tubing in or out of the truck, extending our bodies beyond designed limits to get stuff in and out of our trailers. All of these little things can result in a career ending injury for all of us. BUT instead of educating and encouraging us not to do these things they push, push, push us to do all of them in the name of moving the freight.

And yes, safety is the word as long as there is no direct cost associated with it.

That's a very good point. At least with the union carriers we have excellent healthcare which can allow us to extend our time behind the wheel.
Can't say the same thing for the others that offer budget company sponsored healthcare with high deductibles.

That's a very good point. At least with the union carriers we have excellent healthcare which can allow us to extend our time behind the wheel.
Can't say the same thing for the others that offer budget company sponsored healthcare with high deductibles.
That will end when Obama's Cadillac Tax comes into effect, either you or YRC has to pay a tax of 40% of the worth of the program.
I doubt YRC has the $$$$$

That will end when Obama's Cadillac Tax comes into effect, either you or YRC has to pay a tax of 40% of the worth of the program.
I doubt YRC has the $$$$$
I guess those expensive plans won't have the customers they used to have.
Considering a "Cadillac" family plan would need to exceed $27,500.00 for the excise tax to kick in, I think we will start to see plans decrease their costs.
I know you are clueless on most issues, so here is what the average family plan cost.
Last year, average family premiums rose 3 percent to $16,834, while single premiums held steady at $6,025, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation.
Within the next few years, many changes will help to keep those premiums low enough so that the excise tax won't kick in.

4qMgj9Z.jpg

Safety first!