SAIA | saia designated c.b. channel

bwana

TB Lurker
Credits
Saia needs a designated c.b. channel, like Yellow and Roadway, etc, for improved communications out on the big road, for safety purposes... Cant get over those big radios, and all the noise on 19..... I think it is needed.

Saia needs a designated c.b. channel, like Yellow and Roadway, etc, for improved communications out on the big road, for safety purposes... Cant get over those big radios, and all the noise on 19..... I think it is needed.

That's ok if one uses a CB. A lot don't. However, you might poll and see which ones the big ones are using and pick an alternative that might not be quite so occupied.

Biker you are 100% correct on you assessment!! I used to have a CB but damn it gave me a head ache like no other!! Its the same old stuff day after day!! Truck drivers know all and have done everything there is to do in the world!! I don't think there isn't one truck driver that can't fight like Mike Tyson or run the country the right way!! Hell on the cell you can get 4,5 or more people if you want in conference call!! Plus at night all the FREE minutes, you can't go wrong!! But of course while driving no one uses their cell phone it wouldn't be safe!! We all SHARE AND CARE!!

Cee Bee?

I don't have one of those noise boxes. Besides I'm too busy trying to find an FM frequency clear enough to be able to listen to my satellite radio.:biglaugh:

Brother Trucker, I told you what you needed for your satellite radio!! The fm out antenna will kill most of the out side interference!! Its on Ebay or i believe you can get it from radio shack!! The best channel that i have found in the 3 years i have had satellite radio is 87.9!!

If I had an assigned tractor, which ain't likely to happen anytime soon, I wouldn't mind making that sort of investment. Until then its push the search button and hunt....push the search button and hunt.....push the search button and hunt.....:yawn:

Brother Trucker, I told you what you needed for your satellite radio!! The fm out antenna will kill most of the out side interference!! Its on Ebay or i believe you can get it from radio shack!! The best channel that i have found in the 3 years i have had satellite radio is 87.9!!

Yessir,
yew did and I tried the one that came with my radio and it made the interference worse. I'm not sure if that is an issue with that particular model. As for that frequency, my radio (one of the Sirius models) only drops down to 88.1 The sad part is that if I get one of the tractors that is older than a covered wagon it has a cassette player I have an adapter for it, and.........if I get a tractor (08) with the newest radio, it has an mp3 port for which I have a patch cord and either way things are excellent. Just punch and search.......punch and search.....punch and search.:smilie_132:

Hey Brothertrucker, I had a radio that only went to 88.1.. It was bad i did the same thing trying to find a good channel.. I went out and bought another cheap sirius radio.. The one i got now goes lower than 88.1 and life is GOOD!! Plus i got the fm out antenna!!

Hey Brothertrucker, I had a radio that only went to 88.1.. It was bad i did the same thing trying to find a good channel.. I went out and bought another cheap sirius radio.. The one i got now goes lower than 88.1 and life is GOOD!! Plus i got the fm out antenna!!

In the process of listening in on break room conversation, I discovered one of the lads uses auxiliary speakers that aren't dependent upon the truck's stereo to have sound. I will attempt to find out what is available and if feasible make that work.