SAIA | Saia driving

steercrazee

TB Veteran
Credits
How is it driving for SAIA? Are they laid back and dont bother you as long as you do your job? Is the driver facing cameras as big a hassle as they are said to be? I see a lot of you guys up and down the road flying by ol Estes.

It's been over a year since they've said anything to me about something with the camera. You just have to learn what sets it off and avoid it (following distance, speeding and hard braking). Linehaul here is a good gig. I rarely have to deal with dispatch and when I do it's usually a quick fix. Newer trucks and above average trailers in LTL. In the beginning it was tough learning their system but once you do it's easy money. I run out of a major hub, smaller terminals can be hit or miss in how they operate.

How is it driving for SAIA? Are they laid back and dont bother you as long as you do your job? Is the driver facing cameras as big a hassle as they are said to be? I see a lot of you guys up and down the road flying by ol Estes.
Only time driver facing is on is during an “event”. Only shows you during a violation of protocol. Less than one second following distance, 14 over posted, hard brake. Good work, above avg BS (?) dependent on terminals you deal with. If it means anything, I can walk away today but I don’t.

That Sundrop truck job might be a reality soon. I already got a video. Apparently your’e expected to maintain 4 to 6 seconds of following distance even in stop and go rush hour.