SAIA | Saia driving

How is it driving for SAIA? Are they laid back and dont bother you as long as you do your job? Is the driver facing cameras as big a hassle as they are said to be? I see a lot of you guys up and down the road flying by ol Estes.
If you are running extra board over at Estes and have a chance to run extra/system over at Saia come on over to big red. Honest review so far. They leave you alone and you do your thing have not been harassed yet about a converter gear not showing at a terminal so we need the VIN you know the deal. No issues with staying in certain hotels me personally try to find a Drury Inn for the free breakfast and supper. Atleast out of my terminal random joe is not allowed to randomly take your truck we have a list of spares. Out on the road pretty much turn 10 for 12 or on your 10 no staying in hotel for 16+ hours and out of some other major hubs they have let me choose on what I wanted to do. The camera in the truck I pay no attention to I’m not doing anything I’m ashamed of in the truck to let it get to me. Also some folks might over look this but free coffee in the terminals along with ice machines and water that you don’t have to get out of the bathroom. The only issue I have is first hook free and last drop and being out of a major BB everything is pretty much straight shot so I donate on both sides but occasionally get a through load that stayed hooked or don’t have to break on the other end someone is waiting on it. But the fact of turning 10 for 12 is a key thing for me and not being stuck in the hotel for hours on end.

If you are running extra board over at Estes and have a chance to run extra/system over at Saia come on over to big red. Honest review so far. They leave you alone and you do your thing have not been harassed yet about a converter gear not showing at a terminal so we need the VIN you know the deal. No issues with staying in certain hotels me personally try to find a Drury Inn for the free breakfast and supper. Atleast out of my terminal random joe is not allowed to randomly take your truck we have a list of spares. Out on the road pretty much turn 10 for 12 or on your 10 no staying in hotel for 16+ hours and out of some other major hubs they have let me choose on what I wanted to do. The camera in the truck I pay no attention to I’m not doing anything I’m ashamed of in the truck to let it get to me. Also some folks might over look this but free coffee in the terminals along with ice machines and water that you don’t have to get out of the bathroom. The only issue I have is first hook free and last drop and being out of a major BB everything is pretty much straight shot so I donate on both sides but occasionally get a through load that stayed hooked or don’t have to break on the other end someone is waiting on it. But the fact of turning 10 for 12 is a key thing for me and not being stuck in the hotel for hours on end.
I'd agree with your assessment. I'd roll my clock back when I was laying down all week. 10-11 hrs on, 10 off. Start Monday night get back Friday afternoon. 3 day weekend but 5 dispatches.

I'd agree with your assessment. I'd roll my clock back when I was laying down all week. 10-11 hrs on, 10 off. Start Monday night get back Friday afternoon. 3 day weekend but 5 dispatches.
Yea some folks over look this stuff. But Estes and southeastern will leave you in the hotel until close out. Also the free coffee and water and ice machines is a plus to me lol. Really love it here

I’m guessing the camera thing is on a terminal by terminal basis. They’re really beating guys up on the following distance and “rolling stops” here.

I’m guessing the camera thing is on a terminal by terminal basis. They’re really beating guys up on the following distance and “rolling stops” here.
I quit saia over that. Getting a million mile safe driving award and being told I need re-training because I keep getting cut off during rush hour rubbed me the wrong way. Getting hammered by management/safety depends if your terminal is understaffed or overstaffed though.

Samsara has been a pain in the butt for some drivers at Estes as well. Wish we would of stayed with people net. Safety gets in a tizzy about lot of stuff. I just wonder if any of these so called safety people have actually ever drove a big truck.

Safety gets in a tizzy about lot of stuff. I just wonder if any of these so called safety people have actually ever drove a big truck.
We have some experts here @ Saia that can barely drive office chair with 5 wheels ... but they can tell "You everything that you're doing wrong in 20 second video", because they slept in Holiday Inn Express last night.

Got the samsara and telling drivers apparently you all are speeding. No problems in all the years up until samsara. Also you must take at 31-32 minutes on your break to make sure samsara doesnt short you and put you in violation. As well as it not connecting at motels so when you move the tractor it kicks you automatically in drive when you wanted personal conveyance so now your 14 has started. And the distance reader in the trucks are saying please reduce your speed when you hit 72 mph which is easy to do going down long mountains. Its almost enough to tell safety and management show me how for a day to keep this in your ridiculous guidelines.