SAIA | Saia, Inc. to Announce Fourth Quarter 2007 Results On January 30, 2008 (PrimeNewswire

• Thread starter Jeffs Better Half
  • Start date
J

Jeffs Better Half

JOHNS CREEK, Ga., Jan. 8, 2008 -- Saia, Inc. , a multi-regional trucking transportation company, today announced that it will release its fourth quarter 2007 results before market hours on Wednesday, January 30, 2008.

More...

until the week before christmas our inbound was rockin pretty good. there have been atleast 2 on call all week...i think we have 22-25 city drivers. today was our last day picking up ashland chemical iirc...so outbound is gonna suck even more so more linehaul will be cut.

i know man...but out of the 3 years i've been here, it's never been this bad at any point in time. but the economy is down and our competitors are slashing their rates to steal our business. instead of authorizing sales reps to give better rates, rick o. wants the dock workers to reweigh the ::shit:: out of the freight we have to make extra revenue. does that make sense? i think it will end up pissing off some customers and we lose them. also there are some terminals that do not even have any sales reps....how does the company expect these terminals to step up if they have no one out there giving quotes and doing legal bribery.

until the week before christmas our inbound was rockin pretty good. there have been atleast 2 on call all week...i think we have 22-25 city drivers. today was our last day picking up ashland chemical iirc...so outbound is gonna suck even more so more linehaul will be cut.

Do you mean last day for the holidays or have we been kicked to the curb by another shipper?

Do you mean last day for the holidays or have we been kicked to the curb by another shipper?

been kicked to the curb. r&l offered 5% below out rate. we got about 1-2 trailers a night from there. usually 40k-80k lbs. this won't be as big as the loss of national starch, but it will still hurt.