SAIA | Saia Las Vegas Driver transfer. Is it a busy Terminal?

fief

TB Lurker
Credits
My wife is trying to talk me into Transferring to Las Vegas instead of KCMO, Anyone know how the runs are there when running wild? too many shorts or lower then average pay? Good runs, good pay? Slows down more then average or above average in freight?
thanks

KCY just got done doubling the size of their terminal. I would think it would be easier to get on over there. North Las Vegas isn't as big.

KCY is more of a "through" terminal, being located where it is. LVS doesn't handle nearly as much freight.

Something to keep in mind, las Vegas is a relay terminal and as such it is going to be highly dependent on RNO, SLC & DEN and in the winter months when the other drivers don't run there is a good chance you don't either... now I don't know this for a fact, I'm merely think out loud

Why would you think they don't run out of those terminals in the winter? They're not exactly fair weather drivers up there.

Why would you think they don't run out of those terminals in the winter? They're not exactly fair weather drivers up there.

when the weather gets bad & the roads close so do the terminals... not this may only be for a few days every so often, but it does happen and being low man on the totem pole, which the OP will be, there is a good chance he will be the first one cut - he stated in a different post about only having less than a year.

Few days a year tops. There's plenty of freight coming out of southern Cali heading that way. Don't think those guys get cut much out of LVS. He better be prepped to pull triples though and run six days a week.