Saia profit info

No one really cares , but you got to remember they took alot of our old debt when they sold us but hey, its not our problem now is it.:hysterical: :smilie_132:

I guess the only thing that we can feel good about is in my mind, Jevic wasn't the albetross around SCS's neck holding Saia back as the idiots in Wall Street said.

And remember something, those are the A**holes that profited from all that last year.

1st, they publicly state that SCS should dump JEvic. Then they buy up a boatload of stock as they continue the bad press. Finally, they artificially make the stock stay low; mid to low 20's. Then once SCS finally buckles, the stock shoots up to the low 40's and they make all that profit.

It's a joke.

I talked to a Saia driver yesterday. And he asked how we were doing since they "Got rid of us"? He was surprised when i replied that we were doing quite well in fact. He said that in Charlotte they had quite a few drivers sitting at home "On Call" :funky: :hysterical:

I talked to a Saia driver yesterday. And he asked how we were doing since they "Got rid of us"? He was surprised when i replied that we were doing quite well in fact. He said that in Charlotte they had quite a few drivers sitting at home "On Call" :funky: :hysterical:
Yes, ''on call' while dispatch decides which of the 30 or so extra loads he will run that day. No shortage of freight here in CLT. All system drivers are ''on call'' as you say. You guys read way too much into numbers. What happened was best for all. Be grateful. Also, we'll be hiring pretty soon in CLT with the 25 new terminals opening up in March. Come apply.

Hey Dude, Im not trying to bash anyone. I'm just repeating what was said to me. He said that they were so slow that there was several drivers sitting at home "On Call". We were'nt talking about the daily dispatch procedures. We were talking about the amount of business that was being done. Or not being done.

yea line haul is slow:hysterical: i guess thats why i have been on the road for the last two months helping move overflow and extra freight by the way im a city driver. yall jevic guys mind your own damn business which dont have anything to do with us other than that grocery warehouse stuff you pile off on us whats the deal with that anyway we dont get in your room an nit pick at your stock market stuff if you want to nit pick checkout the post from about two months ago when we bought back 25 mil of our own stock no matter what some of our drivers think we have some very sharp people at the top of saia and we will continue to grow and prosper wihout jevic:smilie_132:

yea line haul is slow:hysterical: i guess thats why i have been on the road for the last two months helping move overflow and extra freight by the way im a city driver. yall jevic guys mind your own damn business which dont have anything to do with us other than that grocery warehouse stuff you pile off on us whats the deal with that anyway we dont get in your room an nit pick at your stock market stuff if you want to nit pick checkout the post from about two months ago when we bought back 25 mil of our own stock no matter what some of our drivers think we have some very sharp people at the top of saia and we will continue to grow and prosper wihout jevic:smilie_132:

Everyone must remember that all members here are free to express their opinions as long as it's within the forum rules.

If someone says something you don't like, attack the post. Do not attack the person posting it.
All members are free to post in any forums with 2 exceptions. Non union members may not post in the union forum and union members may not post in the non union forum.

If you feel that a post has violated the forum rules feel free to contact any of the staff members and we will deal with it.

Thank You

I think what we're seeing here on this board is a delayed reaction from Jevic people from the challenging year we had in 2006.

We're all breathing a sigh of relief with some of the positive momentum we have. For 4 months straight we're blowing away our financial benchmarks set by Sun.

Last year, all of us spent most of our days defending against rumor after rumor.

I know in sales, the feedback was unbelievalbe. We had reps from competitors mass emailing and mass faxing the pressreleases from Wall Street.

We had competitor drivers telling our good customers exactly what date we were going to close.

There were specific carriers that were employing these tactics aggressively.

We had and still have that loser, moron, power hungry, Napolean complex former owner of Jevic actually still talking this garbage.

I think as a group, we need to put this past 2006 behind us and realize that the dust has settled and we need to look fwd.

Our current status is excellent and the future is bright. We have the best management team Jevic's ever had in place.

This past couple of weeks, with the weather being so extreme, we had no embargo on customers, we didn't tell any of them "no".

We actually had a national ltl competitor call us to see about moving some loads out of their Indy hub for them.

Are we without warts? Of course not. Can we compete with the other carriers on this board? Absolutely. I'll put our people and service product and unique abilities up against any of them.

One last thing for the Jevic people on this board. Thank you for your passion and commitment. It's what makes the "Best of the Best" endure!

yea line haul is slow:hysterical: i guess thats why i have been on the road for the last two months helping move overflow and extra freight by the way im a city driver. yall jevic guys mind your own damn business which dont have anything to do with us other than that grocery warehouse stuff you pile off on us whats the deal with that anyway we dont get in your room an nit pick at your stock market stuff if you want to nit pick checkout the post from about two months ago when we bought back 25 mil of our own stock no matter what some of our drivers think we have some very sharp people at the top of saia and we will continue to grow and prosper wihout youQUOTE]

:Violin: whaaaaaaaaa somebody plzz call a whambulance for this cry baby :Die: :eck13:

MY take,I do not wish bag on you guys.Just confirme what I thought,and a lot of other drivers,that Jevic was not the problem,but the SCS people.We are doing fine on our own.
I will continue to peek at your boards.Maybe its my quirk,but if I got divorced,I would still like to know how th ex is doing

MY take,I do not wish bag on you guys.Just confirme what I thought,and a lot of other drivers,that Jevic was not the problem,but the SCS people.We are doing fine on our own.
I will continue to peek at your boards.Maybe its my quirk,but if I got divorced,I would still like to know how th ex is doing

It was obvious from the beginning that the people that SCS put in charge of Jevic didn't have a clue how a hybrid worked and they tried to force the "conventional" LTL model onto a company not configured for it. Hopefully, Bert T. and his cronies will get outa Dodge and never darken the door of a truck line again. He is the biggest loser that Yellow corp could come up with. Now that he is out of the picture, both companies are doing better.