SAIA | Saia Transfers

fief

TB Lurker
Credits
Wasn't planning on transferring for at least another 6 months but personal circumstances say otherwise.
I need to transfer if at all possible in the next 30 days to move family.

Anyone know how long a transfer request takes for an Linehaul driver?
I would ask the terminal but its labor day weekend so have to wait til Tuesday.

Also, is KCMO terminal one to keep a guy busy with good runs like Dallas?

Been working for 4 months with Saia. Gotta say I wish I had taken the plunge a long time ago. I am enjoying working here busting my rear 6 days a week making great money, minus a few a-hats in central its a peach of a job.

You have to be here 6 monthes before you can transfer..it depends if the terminal needs help and how many people are trying to transfer with more senority then you

I was told and read that you have to be working for Saia for 90 days to qualify for transfer.
To clarify the question. How long is the process on average once you put in the request to transfer. I see that there are job openings at the one I am requesting to transfer to.

I was told and read that you have to be working for Saia for 90 days to qualify for transfer.
To clarify the question. How long is the process on average once you put in the request to transfer. I see that there are job openings at the one I am requesting to transfer to.
It will all depend if there is an actual opening at the terminal you want to transfer to. If they have city drivers wanting to go linehaul they will get first shot at it. Your terminal manager may not approve it if they are short handed. It could take a while , it could be immediate ,a lot of variables will come into play.

It will all depend if there is an actual opening at the terminal you want to transfer to. If they have city drivers wanting to go linehaul they will get first shot at it. Your terminal manager may not approve it if they are short handed. It could take a while , it could be immediate ,a lot of variables will come into play.

Thanks . I'll just have to wait and see then

It is going to depend on what terminal you are transferring from, how busy it is & how easy it would be to replace you, and if there is an opening where you want to go... talk to everyone - start with your current TM, then call the TM at the terminal you wish to goto & if all else fails call HR

Hey I'm looking to transfer to MIA or WPB anyone know the chances of getting a bid run with three years with Saia?
Any information would be great have family down their and my Mom is not doing well so I'd like to be closer and be able to spend more time with her..