Estes | Samsara madness

steercrazee

TB Veteran
Credits
Samsara has been rolled out for the east coast this week. What a week of chaos. This system is going to be harder on the drivers with the points system they have. Its telling on them for everything. Several old drivers have commented they are close enough to retirement that if a bunch bullcrap starts happening they will just leave. I just hope the great company that Estes has been doesnt start the downward slide like O.D. When the third generation of family took the helm at O.D they changed and not for the better. Now Estes has been handed over to its third generation family as well. Lets see if we strive or dive. Drivers who have had no problems , no tickets, no accidents,etc now getting pinged for this and for that. Let drivers be drivers and leave the micro managing out. I doubt one person in the offices could get in the trucks and do any better.

Self dispatch doesn't seem to work other than at my home terminal.other than that it's the same turd that peoplenet was just a different look. The points thing is just like the pass score. Give it a month and everyone will have forgotten about it.

Managers seem to nitpick a lot more when it's slow since they have more free time.

Last edited:
Points system? What's that
Was told by dispatcher that this system does seem it will be tougher on drivers on the points. If we fail and get low on the score we will be called into office for a talk. Still not sure what their criteria is. It just seems like a lot of confusion.

I hope they dont start micro managing everything. If so a lot of the old hands will leave, but maybe thats their goal. Its hard to trust any big companies because in the end we are just a number.
Sounds like the goal , rid themselves of the old and wise .
And yes in the end we all are just a number it's just that
they would like to see less of the lower numbers gone....

Samsara has been rolled out for the east coast this week. What a week of chaos. This system is going to be harder on the drivers with the points system they have. Its telling on them for everything. Several old drivers have commented they are close enough to retirement that if a bunch bullcrap starts happening they will just leave. I just hope the great company that Estes has been doesnt start the downward slide like O.D. When the third generation of family took the helm at O.D they changed and not for the better. Now Estes has been handed over to its third generation family as well. Lets see if we strive or dive. Drivers who have had no problems , no tickets, no accidents,etc now getting pinged for this and for that. Let drivers be drivers and leave the micro managing out. I doubt one person in the offices could get in the trucks and do any better.
I'm guessing you're just lucky Steer. You been as far as the third generation, you're lucky! My experience is that the second generation screws the pooch!

Was told by dispatcher that this system does seem it will be tougher on drivers on the points. If we fail and get low on the score we will be called into office for a talk. Still not sure what their criteria is. It just seems like a lot of confusion.
You can see the details on your score at http://cloud.samsara.com/driver

The system tells me that I speed a lot. Oops.

You can see the details on your score at http://cloud.samsara.com/driver

The system tells me that I speed a lot. Oops.
It appears all the drivers do. Driver who have been very safe no accidents no tickets and everything great under peoplenet are now being dinged left and right. They start pushing good stable drivers away they may re think this system saving them money and it costing them more by having a revolving door of drivers going and coming.

There is a safety score somewhere on the screen. No one knows what it means. Everyone Iā€™ve talked to has a low safety score. Then again everyone I talk to are outlaws. šŸ¤£ Most of us are still on step one, how to log in.šŸ˜‚ I say stay calm until we find out more about this safety score. Baby steps. Baby steps. Baby steps. WHERES BOB!!!