Yellow | Sarah Amico withdraws bid to restart Yellow

If it was fake as you claim, why would they bother setting up a corporation as they did in Delaware? Whey spend the money on lawyers to do so? They could have just been a gas bag like……… well, you know who.
If it were a real LTL Carrier perhaps a USDOT Number would have been in order.
Also the one of the most difficult aspects of LTL today is obtaining customers. It has become extremely complex. They did not have a single commitment for a single pound of freight.
Since there was none of either, I'll stick with my fake company theory...

where are all the "legal eagles" here ? correct me if im wrong but didn't the bankruptcy judge appoint a trustee to oversee Yellow's chap 11 filing ? aren't they the ones who approve/disapprove all transactions ? she pulled her offer due to Yellow refusing to do business. that's what was reported. to me this story is leaving a lot of info out. was her offer too low to satisfy the court ? did her partners back out ? are there others willing to pay more for all the land that's still available ? now i do believe her efforts were genuine. this has zero to do with taking attention away from O'Brien, IMO, so don't bother me with that BS

where are all the "legal eagles" here ? correct me if im wrong but didn't the bankruptcy judge appoint a trustee to oversee Yellow's chap 11 filing ? aren't they the ones who approve/disapprove all transactions ? she pulled her offer due to Yellow refusing to do business. that's what was reported. to me this story is leaving a lot of info out. was her offer too low to satisfy the court ? did her partners back out ? are there others willing to pay more for all the land that's still available ? now i do believe her efforts were genuine. this has zero to do with taking attention away from O'Brien, IMO, so don't bother me with that BS
If I'm not mistaken, I believe the amounts already obtained at the initial terminal auctions surpassed the offer amount made by Amico. The bankruptcy needs to obtain the highest amounts in the dissolution of the company I would believe.

Also the one of the most difficult aspects of LTL today is obtaining customers. It has become extremely complex. They did not have a single commitment for a single pound of freight.
I believe some of the early articles stated they had commitments for customers. They had financing arrangements, who would make a financial commitment if they did not have proof of customers willing to pay for their services? A lot of your comments go up like a “ puff “ of hot air.

From what I understand, obtaining a DOT number is a no-brainer and can be done easily online. Correct me if I'm wrong.

From what I understand, obtaining a DOT number is a no-brainer and can be done easily online. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You are correct, since there is no longer any 'authority' needed, you do need the Unified Registration Systeminfo & some info for the MCS150 Form
The greatest hurdle is insurance for obtaining a USDOT Number, for haz mat carriers that is considerably higher. Finding an insurance company is a major undertaking especially since there is no safety record and no policies or programs in place.
I am not sure how a new carrier of any significant size can do it.

I believe some of the early articles stated they had commitments for customers. They had financing arrangements, who would make a financial commitment if they did not have proof of customers willing to pay for their services? A lot of your comments go up like a “ puff “ of hot air
There were no customers with any commitments.
Now it is somewhat easy to get 3Pl business on 'blanket rates' IF you are the lowest cost carrier and have the greatest FAK Band.
Unfortunately that was a major part of Yellow's problem...
But you still need a salesforce, tariffs, analysts and shippers willing to take on the risk of a new carrier with more debt than revenue.
It was never going to happen...
But it did change the conversation away from the failure of SOB.
Heck we are talking about it... Mission accomplished...

There were no customers with any commitments.
Now it is somewhat easy to get 3Pl business on 'blanket rates' IF you are the lowest cost carrier and have the greatest FAK Band.
Unfortunately that was a major part of Yellow's problem...
But you still need a salesforce, tariffs, analysts and shippers willing to take on the risk of a new carrier with more debt than revenue.
It was never going to happen...
But it did change the conversation away from the failure of SOB.
Heck we are talking about it... Mission accomplished...
I don’t doubt your level of self admiration that you can say there were no customers.
Oh great one.:notworthy::notworthy:

I don’t doubt your level of self admiration that you can say there were no customer.
Oh great one.:notworthy::notworthy:
Can you name any commitments three was to tender freight?
I know for a fact there were no discussions with major 3Pl's. The only comments I heard from shippers about this scam is what folks read online.
I know for a fact there was no SCAC Code thus there could be no routings also there were no discussions on rates or tariffs.
You seem upset, did you buy into this fairy tale too??

Just when I was about to say your obsession was incurable, you came through.
Made 3 posts without a mention of those damned ole Teamsters.
I think you are on the right track, keep up the good work, congratulations.
:bouncy:

I was going to mention that I had hoped it did start up, this way I could be proven correct again once it was forced out of business by the teamsters. They could have joined the 1,000 or so other former teamster LTL carriers that failed while operating with a business plan that fails virtually every time...
Thanks for the reminder... Much appreciated...
Keep up the good work..

Can you name any commitments three was to tender freight?
I know for a fact there were no discussions with major 3Pl's. The only comments I heard from shippers about this scam is what folks read online.
I know for a fact there was no SCAC Code thus there could be no routings also there were no discussions on rates or tariffs.
You seem upset, did you buy into this fairy tale too??
Can you 100% say there was zero commitment?
You have all the 3pl’s top people as friends and can verify 100% there were no talks?
Remember Riggs ( Cooper) haul cars. Maybe there were commitments from suppliers to move auto parts can you verify 100% this did not happen?
You have inside knowledge of Home Depot, Lowe’s, Menards’ Walmart, Costco, Dollar General, Kroger, Napa, Rural King, Caterpillar, Deere, CIH, Cummins,Owens Corning, etc, etc, etc, that no one had made a commitment?
See where I am going you state facts that are impossible to back up. Yes simple search for Dot number or SCAC number is easy to verify.
No I am not upset and did not as you say “buy” into a fairy tale. I hoped for all involved that needed a few years or months to get vested in a pension plan or those who needed a year or two to get to retirement to draw a better pension that something would possibly happen, although it was a long shot.People who got there’s and wish the rest get screwed are the ones who go through life with the motto best said by Kevin Costner in Field of Dreams,
“ What’s in it for me.”
I have seen people take advantage of their own family then rub it in their face how they got where they’re at all on their own and how successful they are. Are you one of them? Your constant badgering of Teamsters get old. If you hate them that much why did you stay in the organization so long?
Remember this is not all about you and your discontent for the union.
And one last thing if I never got a dime of my pension I would be fine, but I worked for it as did thousands of others and will be thankful when I do receive it, after what I’ve sacrificed for years in the industry I will be grateful to the teamsters.

Last edited:
You have all the 3pl’s top people as friends and can verify 100% there were no talks?
Remember Riggs ( Cooper) haul cars. Maybe there were commitments from suppliers to move auto parts can you verify 100% this did not happen?
You have inside knowledge of Home Depot, Lowe’s, Menards’ Walmart, Costco, Dollar General, Kroger, Napa, Rural King, Caterpillar, Deere, CIH, Cummins,Owens Corning, etc, etc, etc, that no one had made a commitment?
See where I am going you state facts that are impossible to back up. Yes simple search for Dot number or SCAC number is easy to verify.
No I am not upset and did not as you say “buy” into a fairy tale. I hoped for all involved that needed a few years or months to get vested in a pension plan or those who needed a year or two to get to retirement to draw a better pension that something would possibly happen, although it was a long shot.People who got there’s and wish the rest get screwed are the ones who go through life with the motto best said by Kevin Costner in Field of Dreams,
“ What’s in it for me.”
I have seen people take advantage of their own family then rub it in their face how they got where they’re at all on their own and how successful they are. Are you one of them? Your constant badgering of Teamsters get old. If you hate them that much why did you stay in the organization so long?
And one last thing if I never got a dime of my pension I would be fine, but I worked for it as did thousands of others and will be thankful when I do receive it, after what I’ve sacrificed for years in the industry I will be grateful to the teamsters.
Well said, Dok. I too had misgivings with the Union, lots of them! But at careers' end, was I better off with Teamsters contract than without? Unquestionably yes!

“ What’s in it for me.”
The reason you WILL receive it is the Retirees who fought for 7 years to get the Butch Lewis Act passed and signed in March 2021. At that time we only had less than 48 checks coming from CSPF. Even when many assholes who said the Retirees were never going to win, and would not lift a finger to get involved, they too will have their Pension covered until 2051.

The reason you WILL receive it is the Retirees who fought for 7 years to get the Butch Lewis Act passed and signed in March 2021. At that time we only had less than 48 checks coming from CSPF. Even when many assholes who said the Retirees were never going to win, and would not lift a finger to get involved, they too will have their Pension covered until 2051.
This is fully understood and their efforts are greatly appreciated by myself and others, not all appreciate unfortunately. We had retirees in our area that helped extensively. I personally am extremely grateful and fortunate for their efforts, yes they’re TEAMSTER efforts. Too many naysayers and hate and discontent in our organization as well as society in general. Too much I got mine and to hell with you.