Yellow | saw something interesting on i-40

PADUCAH #1

TB Lurker
Credits
friday afternoon i saw a sterling with oval decals on it.

to the best of my knowledge 17099 is the newest sterling and it's a demo with plastic mirrors on it and this mystery truck had stainless mirrors on it.

anybody seen any new sterlings lately?

Leased?

to the best of my knowledge 17099 is the newest sterling and it's a demo with plastic mirrors on it and this mystery truck had stainless mirrors on it.

Is it possible it was a leased tractor?

I drove an older Sterling a while back that had the new logos on the doors, but the old logo on the fairing.

It possibly could have been 16314. I know, I know, it's a volvo number but the tractor is a Sterling. I've seen it here in ATL a few times but was unable to get close enough to it to take a close look at it for anything different or unique from the other Sterlings... I did notice, however, that it has the lower panels under the doors just as 17099 has. It could be identical to 17099 and there may be more in the 16xxx number sequence but 16314 is the only one that I've seen... If I ever see it again, I'll make it a point to check it out and let you know if there's anything special about it...

Or, possible you seen a city tractor... We bought some '03 Sterlings from ABF that was put into city service last year... The side fairings were removed and they are city numbered... 62xxx...

x475.

i like sterlings.

if you have ever been in a strong crosswind on slippery roads you would understand.

volvos have a tendency to let the drive axle steer them in bad weather and sterlings with a freightliner undercarriage are steady as a rock.

easy way to tell is measure the distance between frame rails, freightliner's are a half inch wider than everybody else's.

plus they run 63, have only 7 speeds and aint scared of hills.

yeah, just what we need.
more junk with just new sitickers on it, some one will think it's neet and fight to have it.

If we ever dispatch together, we'll swap out my sterling for your volvo

x475.

i like sterlings.

if you have ever been in a strong crosswind on slippery roads you would understand.

volvos have a tendency to let the drive axle steer them in bad weather and sterlings with a freightliner undercarriage are steady as a rock.

easy way to tell is measure the distance between frame rails, freightliner's are a half inch wider than everybody else's.

plus they run 63, have only 7 speeds and aint scared of hills.
Being a relative newcomer to the industry, I haven't encountered much inclement weather, or hills, or driven many different makes/models of trucks to understand the subtle differences between the brands. So you may be right...to each his own I guess. :1036316054:

Being a relative newcomer to the industry, I haven't encountered much inclement weather, or hills, or driven many different makes/models of trucks to understand the subtle differences between the brands. So you may be right...to each his own I guess. :1036316054:

:horse::horse: