Yellow | schneider pulling doubles?!

mashnost

TB Lurker
Credits
Just saw a Schneider pulling doubles through Nashville,TN going northbound with a regular OTR freightliner century. Are they getting into the LTL business?

ftaf08 said:
On their website it says they are used for dedicated acounts only.
I asked one of their drivers before and had the fact verified that in fact the doubles are for dedicated accounts .

re

i also know a pumpkin mechanic in Seville Oh and he told me that the doubles are used by the shop operations to shuttle parts for trucks and trailers around the system. distribution facility can load up two pups - run em and drop a full one of new stuff and pick up a pup of used and old stuff and then drop the other new one of new stuff at another terminal and pick up another one of used stuff and return to the dist. facility. i guess if it works, why not?

Rob

They also deliver auto parts on pups to dealer's located in Memphis. The pups are equipped with liftgates and the dealership's are located in places not acsessable to long boxes. GRIZZ

Grizz said:
They also deliver auto parts on pups to dealer's located in Memphis. The pups are equipped with liftgates and the dealership's are located in places not acsessable to long boxes. GRIZZ

The ones I always see have liftgates.

UnionTrucka said:
sorry, did i miss something ? Schneider is pulling Yellow pups or their own ?
I don't think anyone here has said anything other than the fact that they have seen Schneider trucks pulling doubles . I know the sets that I've seen are painted Schneider Oranage .
Hope that helps !!!!!!

crazy said:
:duh: You want scary How about JBHunt pulling thruway doubles in New York:chairshot: :chairshot:
Can't any worse than alot of the"Clowns" out there now.Some of the Dairy Haulers are really something.But they are not the only ones!

few loose ends

yo.....
back in the early '90's schneider pulled preston pups north and south until we bought them.....

thruway doubles are a lot easier to pull than pups for a guy who is used to pulling long boxes.....

pups take a while to get used to but, once they are gotten used to they are good to go as well....

i prefer pups over a long box any day in any weather......

any company will conform their equipment to a specific job for customer service requirements, makes good business sense......

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeee

rapper said:
Can't any worse than alot of the"Clowns" out there now.Some of the Dairy Haulers are really something.But they are not the only ones!
I nominate Shan-lor, big black large cars, dbl 48's, young kids with their ball caps screwed on tight, used to pass me at 75-80 mph, don't know how they keep their TT permits. Runner up could be Schoolhouse, another fine group of idiots.

I have seen them out east pulling Sets but not any farther west than Ohio. I have never seen them pulling Yellow puts. But to be honest that would'nt be that unusual. We at Yellow pull other peoples gear quite often. We have pulled FEDEX boxes Abilene Motor freight ,Oak Harbor ETC. Great Dane has a plant in Brazil IN. and sometimes in order to get their trailers delivered free of charge they send thsm out with any carrier and they get used to haul feight to there delivery destination.