School Bus Safety

Dockworker

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
The start of the school season is approaching.
Time to become even more alert.

schoolbusmk4.jpg

School Bus Safety

Knowing When To Stop For A Stopped School Bus

School Bus Safety for those that enter and exit the bus

Dockworker thanks for bringing this topic to everyones attention.

I live in one of only 2 states that it is the law to use of seatbelts on school buses.
this is a very hot topic across our nation with the many other states that don't use seatbelts on their school buses,yet require them in every other motor vehicle.

If seatbelts have been proven to saves lives,and injury in all other vehicles,why not use them on school buses?

Heres a link with this seatbelt topic-->

Hidden Valley - FamilyEducation.com

Very interesting article Apo.:1036316054: Thank you for sharing.
back in the day when I use to get in those buses. Our buses never had passenger seatbelts. It's amazing how they are now talking about them.

For any children that might want to get involved:

School Bus Safety
Contains Safety Games, Safety Tips, Safety Video and Knowing the Danger Zone.

The games are brain dead fun, It's actually good to brush up on basic knowledge that we might be taking for granted.:1036316054:

Is Your Childs School Bus Info Is Up-to-Date?

schoolbussignlf6.gif

"Avoid Harm, Obey The Stop Arm"

If your child will be taking the bus to school, make sure all the correct forms have been handed in and all the information, such as emergency contacts, is up to date.
Even if you're child has been riding the bus to school for years, it's very important to keep all files up to date, even if your bus company or school district doesn't require a new form each year. Cell phone or work phone numbers may change, emergency contacts may move away or a crucial piece of information may become misplaced.

The last thing anyone wants if for a busing emergency to happen, and a child's parents can't be reached. So call you're school or the bus company and ask for all the correct forms. You may also want to ask about the estimated pick-up and drop-off time for your child.

Thats a pretty neat ride.
It amazes me what people can come up with when they have the dispossable income to spend.