Holland | Scott Ware called

ghoulardi

TB Lurker
Credits
Phone conversation with Scott Sunday about contract proposals (4pm) This is a question and answer call . For all you closed minded no voters ask him if he will passing out letters of recommendation for your next job

Phone conversation with Scott Sunday about contract proposals (4pm) This is a question and answer call . For all you closed minded no voters ask him if he will passing out letters of recommendation for your next job

Just hit the delete button on the answering machine. Don't want his letter of recommendation either.

Why are the NO voters closed minded. Why is it always us giving back. We are tired of giving back and getting nothing in return. Junk equipment that can't be fixed. 200 dollars a week that we gave back. No pension. The 25 percent that they are paying is not increasing our pension on a yearly basis, it is only paying back the 100+ milliion dollars the YRC owes Central States. 5 top management people making over 1 million per year salary and benefits.
Sure they still have a pension plan. This whole deal from the beginning was a Union busting tactic. This is just another step of weakening the Union and worker's rights. They are not going to be happy unless we revert to 1920 work habits. 15 hours a day 7 days a week. Get hurt they fire you. Don't show up because you are sick they fire you. And for another thing this Attendance policy they are trying to lay on us: What if you get seriously ill or injured and you are in the hospital off and on for 3 months. You use your five sick days then the rest of your time off is unexcused for over 5 more days. You get fired? And do you think for one second we will ever see any profit sharing? No way. The books will be cooked to make it look like darn we just missed the number. Sorry. And as far as the 750 dollar bonus: That is pocket change to the company. A raise would get you over 2000 dollars a year at 55 hours, and that is every year here on out. Once you get the 750 dollars thats a one time deal and thats it. So no we are not closed minded. Just vote no and call their bluff. Remember if they do close the doors management is out of jobs also. Are they really going to hurt themselves. We'll see. Don't fall for the first offer or else you'll fall for anything. The freight won't disappear it has to go somewhere. We will all have jobs tomorrow. Will management? Especially the ones that ran a once great company in the ground? I doubt it. SO ONCE AGAIN JUST SAY NO!!!!!!!

I bet some of you scared ******* idiots have already framed all the propaganda you received and have it hanging on your living room walls.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am opening my mind..... Wait... Okay, now it is open...

Still can not see voting for a contract that completely sells out my future, my families' future, the future of the junior men behind me, the future of all the guys who retired this year and the next few years. Because with 9 years of no pension contributions Central States will be forced into the Pension Guaranty Act. Then any future pensions AND the pensions of those who have been retired for less than 5 years will be reduced by 60%. After 3 years of concessions, I am now giving up about $250 a week in wages, about $13000 per year, 1600 a year in vacation pay, 187.50 each week in pension contributions, another $9750 per year. That is $24350 a year for the last 3 years, just over $73000. We collectively give back probably give back another 10% in work rules changes ( Remember they bragged about the 12 million in savings the first year of Velocity centers alone). And now they want MORE?????

Want me to open my mind any further?

Just hit the delete button on the answering machine. Don't want his letter of recommendation either.
Personally, I wouldn't get a good recommendation letter. After they stuck their hand into my pockets, I expected an honest attempt at efficiency to justify my give backs. I also expected a safe work atmosphere, safe trucks to drive, a terminal that didn't look like a landfill. I got none of the above and my attitude started to reflect it. So no, I wouldn't want to get a recommendation letter from them, but they damn sure wouldn't get a good recommendation letter from me either.