ODFL | Seatle

gearjammer40

TB Lurker
Credits
Looking for some info on Seattle.Thinking about transferring in a couple months if they have any openings. Do they run wild bag drivers out of there or just wild turn?

Jammer---I left seattle along with 2 other drivers in July and we were all wild drivers. THey have one long turn 600 miles to spokane and back. The next is about 525 to Hermiston Or which are turns then just to Portland about 290 miles. We did have bag to Boise Id but those were stopped, why? on occasion you might go to Boise but most times Salt Lake drivers will bring freight to Hermiston Or and lay down which by-passes Boise and cuts their drivers. The seattle terminal is an end of line terminal so those are really the only runs up there. They do add some miles to the Portland runs as needed to help keep freight moving. OD runs alot of teams into this terminal which again cuts wild guys out of runs and you sit home. Freight was slow last year and we were only working avg 3 days a week and thats beccause the senior drivers would give up runs for us. It really didnt seem to matter to some folks if wild guys ran or not cuz he was still getting his freight. Also we had wild/wild guys coming in from the south and east and doing lay downs. as well as freight routed to portland from Hermiston. Then the Portland wild drivers would bring it up to seattle. This terminal runs 6 day a week and only has 1 day time run. Hope you have snow and ice experience cuz you get a lot driving thru the mountains to hermiston and flat lands to spokane.
The line drivers there are a great bunch of guys and try to keep the Team attitude working. The asst mgr is an outstanding guy to work for. It was really hard to leave that place but had to make a living. Hope this helps. Ok time for BILLY LO to chime in----

You forgot to list how all the city guys will take your freight on the weekends but the weather has to be perfect for them to do it. Don't also forget to tell him, some dumb fresh out of school idiot will trash his truck during the day and you'll find new damage he won't admit to doing weekly.

The asst. TM is the best person in the whole company. Won't find a person who'll treat you better.

Come talk to me, if I like ya I might let ya use my truck for a trip.

Thanks for the information. It definitely don't sound like a good terminal to be a wild driver so I'll just look for something else.

seattle is not a bad terminal. You keep busy most of the year. Just being an end of the line terminal you can only go east and south. I really enjied my time ther but unfortunately it got real slow beginning of 2016 and I was forced to go elsware. BUt as freight levels picked up I understand the wild guys are running steady. If you are looking to bag out all the time then it is not the terminal for you but is is a good place to work.And as Billy said, the Asst TM is an awsome guy to work for. Best of luck...

seattle is not a bad terminal. You keep busy most of the year. Just being an end of the line terminal you can only go east and south. I really enjied my time ther but unfortunately it got real slow beginning of 2016 and I was forced to go elsware. BUt as freight levels picked up I understand the wild guys are running steady. If you are looking to bag out all the time then it is not the terminal for you but is is a good place to work.And as Billy said, the Asst TM is an awsome guy to work for. Best of luck...

Those wild guys only been running steady because of the weather we've been having. Everything is backed up.