Reddaway | Seattle vs sacramento you chose!

I'm not sure how Seattle got the bad wrap. I always figured there was more rain back east. It only made sense. Oh well. This stuff is interesting.

I'll let you all in on the big secret... It rains often but not alot. The term "sprinkle" started here...Alot of grey days but not so much actual rain fall... Thats why we wear flannel... Later, Bam

I grew up in Portland area, moved to Alaska, went to Arizona, and came back here. All of our friends in Arizona say, "Oh I would never want to live in the NW it is to cold and always rains." No problem, stay in the sweltering heat, it just means more good fishing holes for us, less traffic and far less people.

California is a nice place to visit, but would not want to live there, to expensive.

I grew up in Portland area, moved to Alaska, went to Arizona, and came back here. All of our friends in Arizona say, "Oh I would never want to live in the NW it is to cold and always rains." No problem, stay in the sweltering heat, it just means more good fishing holes for us, less traffic and far less people.

California is a nice place to visit, but would not want to live there, to expensive.

And the expense just got higher...:biglaugh:

The subject of this thread is "Seattle vs Sacramento you chose!" I didn't know snowmobiles were used much in either place?

20 minutes out of Seattle are some great sledding trails.. Cascade Range including Mt. Rainier get more snowfall than anywhere else in the country. Don't tell anyone.... We're kinda selfish and wanna keep it for ourselves...
Later, Bam

20 minutes out of Seattle are some great sledding trails.. Cascade Range including Mt. Rainier get more snowfall than anywhere else in the country. Don't tell anyone.... We're kinda selfish and wanna keep it for ourselves...
Later, Bam
I have to say you guys are smart that way! "Sun? whats that? all it does is rain here. Snow? On the west coast? No! You're better off staying where you are." I dont blame you one bit!:smilie_132:

40 minutes from Sac are the best 100 miles of groomed trails and mountains.

There is snow here Benny. I count on it to keep me sane.....:smilie_132:

Like I said, I didn't know they were used much. I thought maybe in the mountains? Are they used any where other than in the mountain areas? This is interesting to me. :1036316054:

Not really. Although they do have dirt drag races with snowmobiles in the "off" season. They also have races across lakes. Yes people really do that. Better have it together if you skip a beat it WILL sink...lol

Your right. They are mostly used in the mountains. The mountains are about 40 minutes from Sac one way towards Reno and about 1 1/2 hours the other way towards Tahoe.

They also have races across lakes. Yes people really do that. Better have it together if you skip a beat it WILL sink...lol

OK, maybe I read this wrong? Do you mean frozen lakes or unfrozen lakes? I know nothing about snowmobile lake racing, is why I ask.

Thanks for just the facts....

Normal Monthly Precipitation, Inches Average for 1961-1990

SEATTLE C.O., WA 38.00

NEW YORK C.PARK, NY 47.25

National - Average Monthly Precipitation

Do you think Seattle is the rainiest city in the United States? Well, think again.

Study Reveals Top 10 Wettest U.S. Cities | LiveScience

It really comes down to weather and how far your buck goes. I do like the open markets in seattle, sac has nothing close to that. And now the tax payers in california are gonna pay the price for bad government.:Flame-On: