SEFL | SEFL Hypocrisy

dcfresh7

TB Lurker
Credits
As the title states, I have never worked for a company that exhibits such hypocrisy, especially at the Greenville terminal! For all the sunshine and rainbows they shove up your hind parts with all the constatant/unnecessary IQ meetings, they sure know how to run you into the ground and could care less about your family time, despite preaching about their company being about family Christian values! HA! Getting called into the office constantly for any petty thing they can come up with, no matter that you put up exceptional telzon numbers day in/day out(many drivers have this complaint in Greenville). Having your integrity questioned because you forgot to wear your belt one day, give me a damn break! Oh and being blamed for getting for the POS plastic door handle breaking off one of the international prostars I drove one day! Oh and let's not forget the warning I received from a DOT cop, not an actual citation/ticket, just a warning which, because I'm an honest person with good INTEGRITY, I reported to my management and was swiftly put on final notice! Unreal!

Now one small incident later in which no damage was caused, I'm now a former driver... a former driver who busted my ass for this company despite being treated like I had a target on my back, and now having my unemployment benefits denied because the scumbag arrogant management completely and in some cases falsely exaggerated my employment record to the state! Not to mention always making me feel guilty for taking extra time off under FMLA when my 1st child was born, and also when I needed a few days here and there when my wife and I were having problems(much of which was due to the long hours at SEFL).

I think Tobin misunderstood the whole leadership by servitude mentality that he loves to quote from his Jesus preaching, or at least his local management surely did. The drivers in this company, and especially Greenville, get treated anything like we're "valued", and more like the Hebrew slaves of old. Depending on how my appeal goes, the Cassels family may be hearing from our attorney.

Your feelings about this are shared by many. I've experienced the same things you did. If you stay there go linehaul. There's no future in peddle at SEFL. It's numbers only. Intimidation in normal. When we got a new TM in my last few years there about half of the p&d and dock workers quit in the first year. That was the only thing that got Columbia's attention. I can assure you there is life after them and it can even pay overtime. Good luck and God bless.

It's obvious even to a new hire that they don't practice what they preach.

It's evident in the no overtime pay that allows them to work us extended hours saving them over $100 a week per driver. Meanwhile, we're out here away from our loved ones with nothing extra to show for missing out on simple things that we cherish such as eating dinner with our children.

It's all the same at these companies, but it does stand out more here because of the pyramid, and how they preach Christian values.

Sitting in the break room as I type this, I listen to my brainwashed co-workers who actually believe they are somehow a part of something. They take such a personal interest in this company as if they're part owners. They don't realize how they are only a number.

I ran a man's route two days and now they've taken him off of it and given it to me. Why? Because I was faster. He's been here far longer, and on the route forever.

I told the dispatcher I just got lucky. I don't want his route. Yes I want a set route, but not like this. Not at another's expense.

I appreciate my job and the opportunity I have here, but I'm not blind. I know the $100 a week I pay in health insurance is a scam. I also know the $100 or more a week given up in overtime pay is corporate greed.

I'll finish this later. If someone is eavesdropping over my shoulder I'll be fired for this.

Again I appreciate my job and work hard, but I'm not stupid.....

It didn't take me long to figure out what the deal was there. After a couple of months , I was ready to move on, and I did. I believe in giving my best efforts at my job but they take advantage of you. Life is too short to live day to day like that. I completely agree with this thread.

It didn't take me long to figure out what the deal was there. After a couple of months , I was ready to move on, and I did. I believe in giving my best efforts at my job but they take advantage of you. Life is too short to live day to day like that. I completely agree with this thread.

I think a lot of other guys will too because of falling nearly two dollars an hour behind competitors pay.

They brag often about how they charge higher rates to haul freight, but continue to get the freight because they do it better.

I always hear a cliché: "yeah, you could go down the road and make a dollar more per hour but we treat you better."

I don't know about anyone else but my red flags went off in orientation when we were given our anti union brainwashing.

My favorite part was "The Cassels don't need SEFL. They'll shut the doors! They will move it all to G&P!"

I wonder if he really believed that? Doesn't he know that's illegal?

Last edited:

An honest days work for an honest days pay. If that isn't good enough so be it.

I think a lot of other guys will too because of falling nearly two dollars an hour behind competitors pay.

They brag often about how they charge higher rates to haul freight, but continue to get the freight because they do it better.

I always hear a cliché: "yeah, you could go down the road and make a dollar more per hour but we treat you better."

I don't know about anyone else but my red flags went off in orientation when we were given our anti union brainwashing.

My favorite part was "The Cassels don't need SEFL. They'll shut the doors! They will move it all to G&P!"

I wonder if he really believed that? Doesn't he know that's illegal?
If it is he hasn't been turned in yet. When I drove for G&P I would haul for SEFL out gvl to Jacksonville rail yard or down to NAT or WAT going to Houston or Laredo.

I've been preaching this for years. SEFL don't give a damn about anybody. I've seen a lot of drivers go from p and d and suddenly turn into SEFL brain washed supervisors. Well, now for a bit of good news. We got a raise in linehaul. A .002¢ raise. From .608 to .61. How generous!

As the title states, I have never worked for a company that exhibits such hypocrisy, especially at the Greenville terminal! For all the sunshine and rainbows they shove up your hind parts with all the constatant/unnecessary IQ meetings, they sure know how to run you into the ground and could care less about your family time, despite preaching about their company being about family Christian values! HA! Getting called into the office constantly for any petty thing they can come up with, no matter that you put up exceptional telzon numbers day in/day out(many drivers have this complaint in Greenville). Having your integrity questioned because you forgot to wear your belt one day, give me a damn break! Oh and being blamed for getting for the POS plastic door handle breaking off one of the international prostars I drove one day! Oh and let's not forget the warning I received from a DOT cop, not an actual citation/ticket, just a warning which, because I'm an honest person with good INTEGRITY, I reported to my management and was swiftly put on final notice! Unreal!

Now one small incident later in which no damage was caused, I'm now a former driver... a former driver who busted my ass for this company despite being treated like I had a target on my back, and now having my unemployment benefits denied because the scumbag arrogant management completely and in some cases falsely exaggerated my employment record to the state! Not to mention always making me feel guilty for taking extra time off under FMLA when my 1st child was born, and also when I needed a few days here and there when my wife and I were having problems(much of which was due to the long hours at SEFL).

I think Tobin misunderstood the whole leadership by servitude mentality that he loves to quote from his Jesus preaching, or at least his local management surely did. The drivers in this company, and especially Greenville, get treated anything like we're "valued", and more like the Hebrew slaves of old. Depending on how my appeal goes, the Cassels family may be hearing from our attorney.
Could be a blessing in disguise, sorry for your misfortune and I don't mean to make lite of your situation but now you don't have to quit